2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, on pushing Gbamin straight in.

The lad had no preason and had been at AFCON, and was thrown straight in when Davies could and should have been used.

Then our dope medical team cocked up on his rehab and decided against surgery, which pushed him back.

Then a complete unrelated Achilles injury. And an Achilles injury is minimum 6 months. Gbamin's happened in late May.
That's why he should have been avoided, because we needed a quick replacement when Brands insisted on selling Gueye against the manager's wishes.

That's why he should have been avoided, because we needed a quick replacement when Brands insisted on selling Gueye against the manager's wishes.

Silva signed off on Gbamin too. The Achilles injury is the real worry because those can completely change how a player is able to play. It's a huge shame.

I didn't agree with selling Gueye but we did also move for Doucoure. However, it was left too late.

I've said it before, I don't think Brands has done enough to deserve a new deal if we look at transfers alone. I don't think he's decisive enough. However, there are a lot of good things he has done, and he's had to operate with one hand tied behind his back in regards to previous spending messing things up for us.

His contract situation needs sorting, one way or the other.

Silva signed off on Gbamin too. The Achilles injury is the real worry because those can completely change how a player is able to play. It's a huge shame.

I didn't agree with selling Gueye but we did also move for Doucoure. However, it was left too late.

I've said it before, I don't think Brands has done enough to deserve a new deal if we look at transfers alone. I don't think he's decisive enough. However, there are a lot of good things he has done, and he's had to operate with one hand tied behind his back in regards to previous spending messing things up for us.

The contract situation is starting to become a joke.

He is out of contract at the end of May, that kind of uncertainty can only be an issue when it comes to preparing the summer transfer window, which I would argue is the most crucial window this club has had in the last 20 years.

If we get it right then we can genuinely challenge top 4 and even the top with a world-class manager.

The fact that he is contract limbo and the future footballing direction of the club off the field is up in the air is classic Everton.

If he isn't going to be the guy, then he should be out now and the search on for the next. If he is, then hurry up and get it done so we can maintain the desperately needed stability.

For what it's worth, he should get a new deal. He is working incredibly well with Carlo as evident by this summer's transfers.

Because he had Gueye sold on him and wanted any replacement in.

Oh dear Dave, as I aid before Carlo will not have the time to scout, negotiate, deal with finances so who will do that? BTW there is more to his duties at Everton than just that.
Is there.?
And you have a copy of his job description to back up your claims?
Seems to me he's a very well paid scout and doubles up on portions of other people's jobs and gets paid Brewster's.
He's supposed to know a player when he sees one...but its different spotting players with Dutch League potential than PL potential.

Not a fan of this DoF lark
I also doubt he went up to Carlisle or down to Norwich on various occasions to look at the 2 Centreback...scouts did that
Like I said - well paid doubling up.

Last edited:

Brands inability to move on the deadwood is shocking.

Yes , I know they are on wages disprortionate to their ability but he has shown no creativity in moving them on , FFS even Arsenal managed to get rid of Ozil on £350k per week.

What does Brands actually do ?

Brands inability to move on the deadwood is shocking.

Yes , I know they are on wages disprortionate to their ability but he has shown no creativity in moving them on , FFS even Arsenal managed to get rid of Ozil on £350k per week.

What does Brands actually do ?
they terminated his contract it's a bit different from trying to make money on our deadwood..

Not sure how you can tell his decisiveness without knowing all the info all the time.

Moshiri better not be getting this iranian guy All Daiea in to replace him. Maybe Brands doesn't want this clown near the staff at all and moshiri is insisting. Mexican stand off awaits

Status
Not open for further replies.