2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
The competition has done him good. However I'm not sold on Olsen and Lossl obviously not good in Ancelotti opinion. I think we need to sign a keeper who is good enough to push Pickford all the time. If he has really good Euros and teams start talking silly money I would sell. Every player has there price its about selling at the right time.

Considering positioning is a big part of being a keeper he's all over the gaff. Absolutely gets on my nerves when he's facing a shot from distance and he takes a couple of steps in the opposite direction from where the ball is actually going.

I still hate the way he dives when the ball is 8 yards over and 5 yards wide. He done it 3 times against Wolves and just looks like the biggest knobhead going.

It's a sign of a player unaware of his angles and no confidence to simply let them glide over.

Or hes just an attention seeking tit which is also possibly true.

Either way, new keeper in the summer a priority for me because the top end ones win you trophies.

Read today he’s started to see a sports psychologist, been saying for a while he’s needed this, supreme talent, but he needs help on the mental skills of the game.

Great news this for me.

This should have been happening far far sooner if it hasn't already and if it hasn't then it was gross miss management on Everton's part and I'd like to know why it wasn't done sooner.

This should have been happening far far sooner if it hasn't already and if it hasn't then it was gross miss management on Everton's part and I'd like to know why it wasn't done sooner.

Agree mate, I think I mentioned it for the first time when he came back from the World Cup, he hasn’t been the same player since then. Should have happened a couple of years ago this.

That said I think his performances have improved this season and I’m now putting that down to this and the work he’s doing. I think he can do more, would love to see him fulfil him fulfil his potential.

The lad has to want to do it; it cant be forced on him.

As an employee of a professional football club and an asset worth 30+m I'm pretty sure that Everton would have a very big say on certain things if they thought he had an issue that jeopardized their investment. It looks like Everton havent seen an issue if this as only just come up now.

Though i do agree he has to want to do it himself first and foremost

I’ve a lot of time for sports psychologists, especially when so much of a pro sports stars game is about confidence and self belief. I’ve been lucky to have sessions through work with Dr Steve Bull twice and it’s fascinating when he talks about how he’s helped famous pros. How he helps them focus in the critical moment.

“He was the Great Britain Team Headquarters Psychologist at 3 Olympic Games and worked with the England Cricket Team for 16 years during which time they famously regained the Ashes from Australia in 2005 before going on to reach No.1 in the world rankings for the first time ever in the modern era. Over the course of those 16 years he fulfilled the roles of team psychologist, leadership coach and change management consultant.”

Going to a psychologist is the same as going to the gym or physio. Keeps your brain in a good condition.

Dealing with your issues/trauma can be extremely tough but nothing worth having comes easily.

It’s honestly that any premier league player wouldn’t be seeing someone to get there head straight. Doesn’t have to just be football related for it to improve their performance.

Been alright since the derby, and apart from the derby and that first Brighton goal at home he’s actually had a pretty alright season on the whole. I’m never ever confident when the opposition have a free kick at the edge of our box, every single one gets hit to his side because he takes a step over (Mount, Neves, Brighton away last season, Man City at home etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.