2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
The original post was about players with his attributes, such as determination, cleverness, hunger and drive, all things the likes of delph and siggy etc don't have. I wasn't particularly talking about specific positions.
Players can have all of those things and still be the wrong fit for a team, which is my point about Bowen.

he signed 74 players during his time. Martyn, Jags, Lescott, Distin, Coleman, Arteta, Pienaar, Yakubu, Fellaini, Cahill, Donovan (1st time) where excellent

Howard, Saha, Mirallas were decent

The other 60 were either crap or flash in the pans. So 14 players over 10 years equates to 1.4 decent signing a year

Myth, proven

Martyn, Howard, Coleman, Jagielka, Baines Lescott, Distin, Arteta, Pienaar, Fellaini, Cahill, Donovan, Yakubu, AJ all good signings

Not his fault he barely had a pot to pee in thanks to Kenwright - you can argue a lot of the dud signings were unlikely to be good signings based on the cheap ass market we were shopping in.

If Moyes never signed bargains we would have been relegated no question in my mind.

Martyn, Howard, Coleman, Jagielka, Baines Lescott, Distin, Arteta, Pienaar, Fellaini, Cahill, Donovan, Yakubu, AJ all good signings

Not his fault he barely had a pot to pee in thanks to Kenwright - you can argue a lot of the dud signings were unlikely to be good signings based on the cheap ass market we were shopping in.

If Moyes never signed bargains we would have been relegated no question in my mind.

so it’s kenwrights fault now that he bought crap, even though he bought bargains with the money he had

lolz

so it’s kenwrights fault now that he bought crap, even though he bought bargains with the money he had

lolz

Well when you shop in the market for £50 million players you'll likely find more better players than shopping in the market for £5 million players.

But thats just logic which some fail to have when arguing an agenda.

Bilyetdinov aside Moyes barely wasted anywhere near the sort of money Walsh & Brands have.

Whats amazing is the local media haven't once pulled him up like they did Walsh.

Its like he is untouchable despite his signings largely being poor. Look at some of exciting players in England over the years we could have signed - Grealish, Zaha, Eze, Bowen some good players there but he goes for 6 stone lightweights like Bernard on 120k+ a week or players basically seen as not good enough by the clubs slightly above us like Iwobi.

Its just baffling how he is still in a job - surely Moshiri has to be looking at talks with other well known DOF's to try get them in next summer and part ways with this fella.

Last edited:

Moyes was largely excellent in the transfer market given our meagre resources. Trying to re-write it as something different is embarrassing.

What’s rewriting history about what I said: 10 years in charge, signed 14 really good players out 74. That’s facts

Not exactly DoF material which is what is being argued

Status
Not open for further replies.