2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the commentators said either late in the first half, or early in the second half, how “This Everton team has to carry him a lot of the time” or something to that effect.

But arguably, we wouldn’t have half the goals we have this season if it weren’t for him. He’s involved in so much of our attacks opening up avenues with his passing.

Even his pre assist on Sunday. Just a little ball out wide onto the oncoming fullback, but hit with the perfect weight that Digne was able to put it across the goal first time. His passes in the attaching third never look rushed, even under pressure.
James is that good that they just have to find something to whine about.

Its not hard is it, it's like asking Allan to go and score15 goals and assists. He has his job and Rodriguez has his job which is to create and score.

If he's quiet it means we aren't doing a good enough job of getting him the ball. If he's man marked or getting doubled up on that means there should be space for others.

Simply give him the ball and 9 times out of 10 he'll find Digne, Richarlison, DCL in space.

I don't want him tracking back, I want him wherever he thinks he can do the most damage
That's exactly the reason why Carlo went after him. He's a playmaking machine

One of the commentators said either late in the first half, or early in the second half, how “This Everton team has to carry him a lot of the time” or something to that effect.

But arguably, we wouldn’t have half the goals we have this season if it weren’t for him. He’s involved in so much of our attacks opening up avenues with his passing.

Even his pre assist on Sunday. Just a little ball out wide onto the oncoming fullback, but hit with the perfect weight that Digne was able to put it across the goal first time. His passes in the attaching third never look rushed, even under pressure.

Why can they not bring themselves to say something good about Everton? We'll be criticised for crying conspiracy theories but it is so obvious that there's a agenda to mainly promote the top 6 and then a few other players and teams only. But then i shouldn't be surprised - it's set up as an entertainment businesss not so much as a sport, so you promote the A-listers or make some people into stars to sell more tickets

Really hope there's some extra motivation in the dressing room to help witht his agenda

Apparently has six ‘pre assists’ the highest in the league. To go with his three assists and three goals.

‘hey lad get back on the wing and put some tackles in’ - then ignores his decent tackling stats.

He is a Rolls Royce attacking player.

This isn't having a pop at James by the way but this has to be the most laughable stat ever that's been rolled out.

This isn't having a pop at James by the way but this has to be the most laughable stat ever that's been rolled out.

Yes, it has its weaknesses, but for JR's case, it illustrates his strengths quite well. He is incredibly good at finding free space with his passes. His great strengths are his perception, and his left leg. That's what makes him an extraordinary football player.

Yes, it has its weaknesses, but for JR's case, it illustrates his strengths quite well. He is incredibly good at finding free space with his passes. His great strengths are his perception, and his left leg. That's what makes him an extraordinary football player.

Yeah a lot of James' pre - assists have been through good play can't argue with that, maybe they should only include a pre- assist in the stat when the pass that led to it was meant, and not when it was just from a player hoofing the ball up the pitch to no one in particular.

I’m inclined to agree but unfortunately stats are used to beat up good footballers with. Pienaar springs to mind the most, he takes a ball under pressure, turns his man, feints past another one then rolls a reverse pass behind the defence for Baines who passes it across the box for Yakubu to tap in. Baines gets the assist and Yakubu gets the goal. Then when Pienaar loses a tiny bit of form someone on here is probably saying ‘he only had three assists and one goal all last season’ but the reality is that without him our football just fell apart and Baines wasn’t as productive and neither were our strikers.

James is the same now, he’s making all of our play and it’s no surprise that DCL is looking amazing because of it. Goals 2 and 3 don’t happen without James against Fulham, DCL’s against Palace, DCL’s against Liverpool, DCL’s against West Brom from the Richarlison knockdown.

He’s just a brilliant footballer, sometimes stats won’t show you that but any football fan with eyes can see a player.

Yeah pre assists seem.like dumb stats but not in James' case.

He usually makes a killer pass into the box that leaves the defenses with their pants down. Easy cross for a tap in. He does it with Digne, he did it with Coleman, he does it all the time.

When he makes those passes, I fully expect a goal. I know it doesn't show in the stats, but it is what he does for us.

Why can they not bring themselves to say something good about Everton? We'll be criticised for crying conspiracy theories but it is so obvious that there's a agenda to mainly promote the top 6 and then a few other players and teams only. But then i shouldn't be surprised - it's set up as an entertainment businesss not so much as a sport, so you promote the A-listers or make some people into stars to sell more tickets

Really hope there's some extra motivation in the dressing room to help witht his agenda
They said we had a good squad the other day and there was a collective meltdown on here with people screaming NO WE HAVEN'T WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. Some people are just very very odd.

I’m inclined to agree but unfortunately stats are used to beat up good footballers with. Pienaar springs to mind the most, he takes a ball under pressure, turns his man, feints past another one then rolls a reverse pass behind the defence for Baines who passes it across the box for Yakubu to tap in. Baines gets the assist and Yakubu gets the goal. Then when Pienaar loses a tiny bit of form someone on here is probably saying ‘he only had three assists and one goal all last season’ but the reality is that without him our football just fell apart and Baines wasn’t as productive and neither were our strikers.

James is the same now, he’s making all of our play and it’s no surprise that DCL is looking amazing because of it. Goals 2 and 3 don’t happen without James against Fulham, DCL’s against Palace, DCL’s against Liverpool, DCL’s against West Brom from the Richarlison knockdown.

He’s just a brilliant footballer, sometimes stats won’t show you that but any football fan with eyes can see a player.

I was just saying to one of the other lads mate that it's hard to argue that James' pre - assists haven't come from good play, it's just the stat itself, a player can hoof the ball up the pitch to no one in particular that leads to a goal and it's given as a pre - assist. I was also saying that maybe it should only be counted as a pre - assist when it does come from a ball or bit of play that was meant and not just fortunate.

Status
Not open for further replies.