Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the last three games I think he would have been a valuable option
An option, we’ve got quite a few options at present all much the same as Walcott, although he had the pace none of the others had, flattered to deceive too much for me.We’ve saved a few £M in wages with him going which was the best option in my opinion.

An option, we’ve got quite a few options at present all much the same as Walcott, although he had the pace none of the others had, flattered to deceive too much for me.We’ve saved a few £M in wages with him going which was the best option in my opinion.
Not the best option when you consoder the nine points lost

Kopites realised you only need 4-5 players who give you an 8+ / 10 every game and the rest being committed steady eddie players giving you consistent 6-7/10.

We have 3-4 who give you 8/10 like Richy, James, Digne, DCL but the problem is we have a good 3-4 who give you 3-4/10 and they are dragging us down.

Sigurdsson
Pickford
Iwobi
Tosun
Bernard
Gomes
Delph
Mina
Kenny

The list of utter tosh is endless
All this mess started with Moshiri, we have bought mostly dross since he came in. Moyes bought Cahill, Arteta, Pienaar, Coleman, Jags, Stones, Baines, Felaini and a few other players who contributed a lot to the team. Martinez had a mixed record with regards to his signings but didn't spend huge amounts of money on dross. Since 2016 we've bought players like Williams, Pickford, Sigurdsson, Sandro, Tosun, Delph, Mina, Kean, the Snide, Bolaise, Klassen, Vlasic, Walcott and Iwobi. None of these players have really contributed much to the club. If it was simply the manager then things would of changed, but everything stays the same.

All this mess started with Moshiri, we have bought mostly dross since he came in. Moyes bought Cahill, Arteta, Pienaar, Coleman, Jags, Stones, Baines, Felaini and a few other players who contributed a lot to the team. Martinez had a mixed record with regards to his signings but didn't spend huge amounts of money on dross. Since 2016 we've bought players like Williams, Pickford, Sigurdsson, Sandro, Tosun, Delph, Mina, Kean, the Snide, Bolaise, Klassen, Vlasic, Walcott and Iwobi. None of these players have really contributed much to the club. If it was simply the manager then things would of changed, but everything stays the same.

Get with it, if not for Moshiri, no Carlo and no summer signings like you have seen. A number of those players have left. Time to look forward not back.

Not the best option when you consoder the nine points lost
Well consho if you still go to the game and think Walcott would have made a great deal of difference you must really see a different player to the halfhearted one I saw in most of his games for Everton.

I know you were a great fan, admirer and friend of Dave Hickson, I can imagine what Davie would have thought of Walcott performances!!

I am not sure yesterdays defeat can be laid on the head of the manager. Certainly Newcastle could, but today was just a really poor performance - specifically by the defense. 2 goals where the CB's were split by the scorer, just terrible marking in the box by Keane and Holgate watching on. Holgate is not the messiah - Keane is at best an average Premiere League CB. But we also struggled massively yesterday with the 2 midfielders either side of and slightly in front of Allan who was overcome yesterday by United playing 4 in midfield at times with little defensive support from Siggy or Doucoure. When Fred or McTominay got the ball going forward they had Rashford and Fernandes in front of them with only Allan covering both. The CB's watched - Holgate should be stepping up and leaving Martial to Keane - although I suspect Keane's lack of pace didn't allow it too often. The answer also could have been FB's coming in but James left Coleman a tad exposed to Shaw and Digne was already upfield. It might have been smarter to pull Bernard inside to cover Fred. We could not handle them coming forward with their 2 DM's. Didn't really matter what we did going forward.

But here you are a little contradictory. You first say that Ancelotti cannot take any blame for the loss. Then you criticize the individual performance of CB, which is ok. But then you point to structural conditions within the team, and point out that Manchester Unity took advantage of this. But the question then becomes, who is responsible for seeing this, and taking the necessary actions to stop this? It must be Ancelotti.

But here you are a little contradictory. You first say that Ancelotti cannot take any blame for the loss. Then you criticize the individual performance of CB, which is ok. But then you point to structural conditions within the team, and point out that Manchester Unity took advantage of this. But the question then becomes, who is responsible for seeing this, and taking the necessary actions to stop this? It must be Ancelotti.
agreed- after I re-read. I think the defensive duties for doucoure and Gylfi were what let the shape down badly. I guess its an unknown whether they weren't told to do that or whether they just didn't follow the boss's instructions. Fair point.

Well consho if you still go to the game and think Walcott would have made a great deal of difference you must really see a different player to the halfhearted one I saw in most of his games for Everton.

I know you were a great fan, admirer and friend of Dave Hickson, I can imagine what Davie would have thought of Walcott performances!!
I thinnk Walcott would have made an option in a direct attackimg sense offering more support to DCL and he also has always been prepared to do his bit defensively in support of the right back. Dave was of a different football era when you had wingers and supporting inside forwards.. I think he would be a little lost with todays style of negativity we see from our current midfield players.

I thinnk Walcott would have made an option in a direct attackimg sense offering more support to DCL and he also has always been prepared to do his bit defensively in support of the right back. Dave was of a different football era when you had wingers and supporting inside forwards.. I think he would be a little lost with todays style of negativity we see from our current midfield players.
No not having that consho,”Always prepared to do his bit defensively in support of the right back” If pulling out of fifty fifty tackles is doing his bit you can have him,like Owobi, Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin self preservation was what he put first, any player like that is not worth bothering about in my book.

No not having that consho,”Always prepared to do his bit defensively in support of the right back” If pulling out of fifty fifty tackles is doing his bit you can have him,like Owobi, Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin self preservation was what he put first, any player like that is not worth bothering about in my book.
in comparison to the defensive support offered to our right back over the last three games from the player in front of him, in my opinion Walcott would have been far superior

Status
Not open for further replies.