Old Everton Pictures

1603847988536.png

Big Dunc lost the plot here -
View attachment 106221

One of those pictures that captures an innocent moment but makes it look bad. Dunc is actually helping out there as a vicious small bird flew into Steffen's mouth and so he is just holding the neck to stop it from going down the windpipe and causing more damage...what a guy. :oops:

2-0 and 0-1 I think it was,joey.
My eyes were giving way at that time in my bible .......yes your correct ;)
One of those pictures that captures an innocent moment but makes it look bad. Dunc is actually helping out there as a vicious small bird flew into Steffen's mouth and so he is just holding the neck to stop it from going down the windpipe and causing more damage...what a guy. :oops:
Probally why his sending off record was so high, my favourite action of him was I think it was Sol Campbell trying to shield the ball out of play by the street church end goal line....
Dunc just kind of picked him up,& cart wheeled him out of play, to,the amusent of the crowd & I think,the ref did nothing but give a goal kick lol
Sol Campbell was in the advertising hoardings lol

Tony Kay just look at that ball the weight the style of it with an inner tube tucked in the valve -
View attachment 106208
Always remember playing a schoolboy match. The big guy up front for us headed a cross. Next thing we knew he was flat out on the ground. He was knocked clean out. He had connected all wrong with a ball like that. Also ended up with a few stitches.
On a wet day I couldn't kick that old style football very far. I'm talking when I was about 11. - 12. A little thing I tried to do if I had the time was to flick the ball up a little. I then hit it on a sort of a half volley. Found that it usually went further.
Thank God that footballs changed for the better when I was about 16......

Always remember playing a schoolboy match. The big guy up front for us headed a cross. Next thing we knew he was flat out on the ground. He was knocked clean out. He had connected all wrong with a ball like that. Also ended up with a few stitches.
On a wet day I couldn't kick that old style football very far. I'm talking when I was about 11. - 12. A little thing I tried to do if I had the time was to flick the ball up a little. I then hit it on a sort of a half volley. Found that it usually went further.
Thank God that footballs changed for the better when I was about 16......
I played with the laced case ball for a short period - if it got wet it weighed a ton plus if you head the laced part of that case ball you seen stars - no wonder players of yesteryear who careers began with those balls have dementia - it was like heading a medicine ball TBH -My uncle ran a local team & was a dab hand in lacing a case ball it was an art otherwise the case ball was egged shaped..... then he rubbed dubbin all over the ball to protect the leather stitching .....
It weighed heavy dry.....