Old Everton Pictures

26th May 1985. Everton's Trevor Steven crosses the ball as Coventry City defender Stuart Pearce moves in to tackle him during their match at Highfield Road, Coventry's Brian Kilcline and Everton's Graeme Sharp look on in a 4-1 defeat for us -
View attachment 106172

The big yeti Kilcline watching as Steven is about to cross. Sharpie won't be on the end of it though lol

Made a circuitous route to manager at Blackpool FC. Didn't look like this when he arrived lol How come Toffees let him go with so many miles left on his clock?
steve-mcmahon-everton.jpg
ck.

Maudlin is the word. Possibly with mawkish thrown into the equation. Did the Toffees get turned over by the old enemy that day. That could explain it :confused:
not sure. You could be right. That we got beat that day.
Strange wee clip though. I like my football and all things Everton. But never got that maudlin when we got beat............well hardly ever......

Made a circuitous route to manager at Blackpool FC. Didn't look like this when he arrived lol How come Toffees let him go with so many miles left on his clock?View attachment 106180ck.
His favourite TV star was Maggie Thatcher???
I see he put Villa down as his favourite other club, at least he went there first rather than directly to the Pinkies. As someone else above asked, why did he leave?

And then onto Goodison to watch Wilkinson put that lot in their place, great days
spot on......league and cup winners cup in the bag. Crazy that we had to.play the FA cup final three days after Rotterdam...........just crazy.
It's not just about losing a cup final. It's about losing a historic treble.
Great days though......great team.......great stuff. And I was the perfect age to enjoy it all.....

spot on......league and cup winners cup in the bag. Crazy that we had to.play the FA cup final three days after Rotterdam...........just crazy.
It's not just about losing a cup final. It's about losing a historic treble.
Great days though......great team.......great stuff. And I was the perfect age to enjoy it all.....
Me too, so close to the treble and we done our neighbours in the charity shield