Match Thread Southampton v Everton (Sunday 25 October 14:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
you put your studs on someone's ankle you are probably getting sent off. unintenional, yes, dangerous, also yes

to “Endanger another player” the player in question of the red must take an action or make a decision that does so. He did not; there was no challenge and correspondingly there can be no red card.

This game shows our squad is not deep enough yet. Richy and Coleman out and now Digne with a suspension. Iwobi and Sigurdsson not good enough and no back up for Dom. We need to be looking for someone in Jan, second half we had no forward to bring off the bench. Great start but we have been thoroughly out fought and second to every ball today.

Big picture defence desperately needs looking at though. We're LEAKING goals. First game we haven't been able to go and score freely so it's bitten us in the arse.

Need to start keeping clean sheets if we want to win when playing poorly.

Keane and Mina against pace are simply not good enough as a pairing.

We have got quick centre-backs. Unfortunately one is injured and the other has had to play at RB today.

I was giving examples of players that were having a shocker. You're just sat there wearing your hindsight hat.

If James wasn't hobbling around would you now be complaining about the 3 early subs?

No, you wouldn't.

It’s got nothing to do with hindsight. I personally am never in favour of making three subs so early on because you leave yourself exposed when the inevitable injuries happen.

Why you’re feeling the need to endlessly argue the toss about this is beyond me. The proof is in the pudding here with James hobbling around.

Status
Not open for further replies.