Match Thread Southampton v Everton (Sunday 25 October 14:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to get an early goal and see what happens, we started off well, not sure Gomes is the answer to change anything, often slows play down and gives fouls away

Everton just always have this performance in them, doesn’t matter who we buy, we can still at any point turn up against a no mark team and get dismantled looking as though we’ve not had a single training session.

yep, it does have a familiar feel to it and the performance so far isn’t far from the types of performances from the end of last season.
We can’t expect to win every game like, but this does have a stench of familiarity about it.

Godfrey just doesn't have the positional awareness yet to be playing at RB. Should really be one to watch for any Coleman haters out there.

If Coleman is still out Kenny will get his chance. From today performance Godfrey may not be ready at rb. If he still plays in the second half maybe he should not go up to support.

Probably been due for a loss, can't win forever, but this has been pitiful.

We all lose it’s the manner in which we lose and this is pathetic.

If we lost a close game by a goal or two fair enough but this is unacceptable. It’s literally like we started against Liverpool last week. I really don’t know what’s happened to them.

I think that we cannot afford a player on either side that doesn’t do the hard yards.

James is an exception and in the main, Allan can cover his defensive duties so long as we have a winger on the other side that will go back and help which Richy does.

Quite frankly Iwobi has offered nothing in either direction and should be hooked for Gordon as I think he has the pace to stretch them and must offer more energy all around.

Doucoure has looked a bit of a passenger here too which is a concern.

Right side was dreadful. Godfrey clearly a centre half covering at right back and James was giving him absolutely no support. You can´t get away with that away from home against decent teams.

Digne and Iwobi were equally as bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.