2020/21 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
....be very interesting, though, if a new CB comes in and impresses. On current form, he would perhaps partner Keane and if that partnership performs well then Holgate might have to be patient.
That's the sort of competition for places we want Eggs. Players have to take their opportunities when they come along

....agree wholeheartedly with your assessment of the ‘type’ of CB we need, including that the aim has to be that they’re part of the 1st choice partnership.

I wouldn’t nominate such an individual, but of the players we’re linked with who might be available i was very disappointed with Todibo’s quality and attitude when I saw him play. I prefer Tomori or the young City CB but hope Brands has still got one or two on his shopping list that haven’t been revealed yet.
I'm inclined to trust the judgment of Marcel and Carlo on this one Eggs. I also think it's dangerous to write any young player off on the strength of one performance

Todibo: Tall, fast, athletic, can tackle, head, pass and dribble.

If its a loan with a buyout clause id be delighted. Not sure theres anyone who has such potential available on loan.

He does not look alright in a youtube video that’s a concern.

It’s hard to make someone look crap on youtube.

Holgate is easily our best CB. I had high hopes for Mina, but jury still out.

Unfortunately, he does look a bit fragile. He’s our only pacey, sweeper type. Keane/Mina absolutely not a pairing.
Not seen enough of Branthwaite, but he looks like he’s more competition for Mina & Keane, not Holgate.

We definitely need another quick CB. We can’t be stuck with a pair of immobile CBs. We’ll get ripped.

Strange how quiet our window has become after the flurry of activity a fortnight ago. A centre back would quell my feeling of anxiety everytime I see Mina clutching his knee/foot/arm/head...
My feelings of anxiety start every time Keane comes on the pity and they are not helped when Mina follows him on.

Status
Not open for further replies.