New Everton Stadium Discussion

Though I do like some of the changes to the ground, steps, getting rid of the carpark, not fussy on lowering the height, just to please these crackpots, would love Farhad to say sod you we will build it higher, in fact 55'000 capacity, please Farhad.

The height reduction has nothing to do with Historic England as far as I'm aware. There has been an SRF issued for all developments in Liverpool. There will also be a saving to be made on the structural trusses on the roof.

Though I do like some of the changes to the ground, steps, getting rid of the carpark, not fussy on lowering the height, just to please these crackpots, would love Farhad to say sod you we will build it higher, in fact 55'000 capacity, please Farhad.
Then you'd better hurry up and get it built before the Covid 19 Public Safety and Stadium Capacity Act is passed.
Or whatever stable door legislation the Govt. will come up with next
...you never know we could have the first purpose built Covid Football Stadium too

The USM Stadium
New Goodison Park
Bramley Moore Dock
Regents Rd L3
Capacity 26,000.

Multiple vaccies being produced. There will be one soon, they may take their time before it's used on the general public, but I think they know now what dose will get an antibody response. It can then be tweeked as different strains of corona emerge.
The stadium is coming too. Spades in the ground before the vaccine imho.

While I commend your optimism, I respectfully disagree. Grim reality here is for every Dr that says a vaccine is on the way there are as many saying the reality is we have no idea what so ever. Too may variables, changes in strain of Covid etc.

I have ZERO doubt this stadium will be built, but I don't expect a spade in the ground until Covid has passed and there is a clear revenue roadmap for clubs including TV rights, ticket sales and other commercials. As mentioned here previously, no one is going to build a new hotel in ibiza, a theatre or a new terminal in an airport, the same applies to football stadia

The PL is likely to contract dramatically in the next 18 months and before anyone builds a new stadium they will need to see the dust settle & if I was to speculate, I would say it will be at a minimum a year after we get through covid before the stadium gets started properly sadly.

While I commend your optimism, I respectfully disagree. Grim reality here is for every Dr that says a vaccine is on the way there are as many saying the reality is we have no idea what so ever. Too may variables, changes in strain of Covid etc.

I have ZERO doubt this stadium will be built, but I don't expect a spade in the ground until Covid has passed and there is a clear revenue roadmap for clubs including TV rights, ticket sales and other commercials. As mentioned here previously, no one is going to build a new hotel in ibiza, a theatre or a new terminal in an airport, the same applies to football stadia

The PL is likely to contract dramatically in the next 18 months and before anyone builds a new stadium they will need to see the dust settle & if I was to speculate, I would say it will be at a minimum a year after we get through covid before the stadium gets started properly sadly.
And you would be wrong.

Stadium is on schedule and going ahead as planned.

Never going to be 'all clear', this corona virus is likely here to stay, but hopefully with enough vaccinated/not vulnerable people, to mean it causes less mortality and morbidty per year.

That's precisely my point, until it is clear that a football stadium is 1) needed & 2) sustainable(ish) there will not be a stadium built. The only thing that might change that it the emotionally / egotistical pull to deliver from owners, the city & the fans might drive it over the line, but if it's a business decision not a chance it actually starts til we all understand what is in front of us.

That's precisely my point, until it is clear that a football stadium is 1) needed & 2) sustainable(ish) there will not be a stadium built. The only thing that might change that it the emotionally / egotistical pull to deliver from owners, the city & the fans might drive it over the line, but if it's a business decision not a chance it actually starts til we all understand what is in front of us.
But very little involved in the business of the English Premier League is a sensible business decision.

As soon as planning is approved it will be built. Corona or not.