Transfer Rumour Wilifred Zaha - January Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
...what a dad @Alan Whittle must be, taking his son to so many Everton games. Lovely that.
Thanks @Eggs. I loved it too.
At a family dinner one evening with his then new girlfriend, now wife I happened to explain how much I had enjoyed taking my son to Everton because I could see how much he loved it and she welled up with tears saying how wonderful that was. I thought then that she was the one for him!

Thanks @Eggs. I loved it too.
At a family dinner one evening with his then new girlfriend, now wife I happened to explain how much I had enjoyed taking my son to Everton because I could see how much he loved it and she welled up with tears saying how wonderful that was. I thought then that she was the one for him!

....terrific story, Matey. Nothing better than being in the company of your kids, those long trips with your son will have been a great investment in your relationship.

Where yes , some of the players that have been mentioned are terrible, others not so much for palace.

It's clear that hodgsons job at your club isn't to rip up trees and just keep you in the league. Hence why the free transfers constantly rather than spending any real money is favoured. Hodgson himself isn't exactly a long term manager for you given his age.

So , and I don't mean this in a negative way, you need to know your position in the league. It's just to finish midtable and the likes of tosun would certainly be good midtable signings. I would say only siggurdson would be a bad player for you but the rest would be good enough to match the clubs ambition. I think you know as well there is no ambition for Europe at palace so the status quo is just to be maintained.

Same as us , we are midtable so we have spent money to change that now under Carlos. Lucky for us we have his pull to bring these to the club, otherwise we could only dream of them wanting to play for us.

What you have to consider is that many players get slated on here as a matter of routine. I remember after the restart Walcott being praised a lot after a win we had but then later on he was suddenly terrible again! It's the Everton way, we boo and grumble them anyway even if they are boss.

I mean few fans on here call lukaku average and even said his goals didn't matter, all 25 of them because we were winning anyway.
While I understand what you mean (even if I don’t necessarily agree) Palace have as much ambition as anyone. I think you are saying realistic ambition and whilst that may be currently true, it isn’t going to be realised any quicker by taking the players regularly mentioned on here as make weights in any bid for Zaha. I asked earlier in this thread which of them would improve us. Not one reply. Our objective at the start of any season, just like a dozen other clubs, is to stay up. Our ambition is trophies and Europe.

While I understand what you mean (even if I don’t necessarily agree) Palace have as much ambition as anyone. I think you are saying realistic ambition and whilst that may be currently true, it isn’t going to be realised any quicker by taking the players regularly mentioned on here as make weights in any bid for Zaha. I asked earlier in this thread which of them would improve us. Not one reply. Our objective at the start of any season, just like a dozen other clubs, is to stay up. Our ambition is trophies and Europe.
We need to bang them all on Ebay.

...I think I’ve mentioned it to you before, but I had an uncle who lived in Thornton Heath (his back garden wall overlooked the station platform). I reckon he first took me to Selhurst around 1963, so I’ve always had a soft spot for Palace.

Not so long ago, I had to go to the Government office in Croydon for work. Nice memory when I went through Thornton Heath on the train and then viewing Selhurst Park out the window.

...I think I’ve mentioned it to you before, but I had an uncle who lived in Thornton Heath (his back garden wall overlooked the station platform). I reckon he first took me to Selhurst around 1963, so I’ve always had a soft spot for Palace.

Not so long ago, I had to go to the Government office in Croydon for work. Nice memory when I went through Thornton Heath on the train and then viewing Selhurst Park out the window.
I used to work opposite the government office (I think you must mean Lunar House in Wellesley Road). I worked in a block over the original Whitgift Centre and would walk to evening games. There is something about that view. The view from the train between Thornton Heath (Fort Neef to us locals) and Selhurst station looks directly up Holmesdale Road at one point.

I'd like to think ahead of this weekend all 20 teams have the ambition of winning the league this season! lol

When it gets to January and you are out of both cups like we usually are, reality starts to set in by then.

I never really understand this makeweight thing.

Like imagine if you were selling your car, for say £2,000. The buyer said to you, I can pay you (particially) in bottles of coke. I drink coke, but I wouldn't attach the same value to it. I'd probably give him 50p in the pound or whatever for what he had, because I'm doing him a favour.

I can have either 2000 to buy what I want/need with, or I have to take a single product. There is a price for the limitation of choices.

Some of the suggestions seem ludicrous to me. Other teams don't want our crap anymore than we do.

Oddly enough, I'm going a bit full scale on Bolasie. He has really knuckled down over the summer and has impressed me pre season. I'd rather lose Walcott than him!

Status
Not open for further replies.