Transfer Rumour Fikayo Tomori

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think Carlo is happy with Mina & Keane, and he clearly loves Holgate, however, Holgates injury has caused us a massive issue. Theres no point going out & spending big on a CB to cover Holgates injury if the manager rates what he has. Thats why a loan for a player like Tomori is good business.

It should also allow Branthwaite & Gibson to go out and get consistent competitive minutes this season.

seems a bit strange that with their poor defensive record last season, chelsea are prepared to loan out one of their up and coming defenders

That’s it though isn’t it, he’s up and coming and won’t get very much game time there. With Holgate out for the beginning of the season and Mina’s injury record there’s a good chance he could play up to 60% of our games next season. You never know Ancelotti might take a liking to him that much that he plays him every game?

I think it’s a good signing.

I think it is a strange move for Chelsea to loan him to Everton. As has been pointed out already this does depend on the injury to Holgate and not a word three days after the injury does not look good.

But, if the injury to Holgate is not long term then I think Tomori would certainly not be guaranteed minutes ahead of Holgate, Keane and Mina. There is no way he will be made any promises about minutes played we are just too big for that.

I would be more than happy to loan him, giving Gibson and Branthwaite a chance to gain more experience and Gibson certainly would be ready to challenge in twelve months, if not sooner.

I think Gibson's contract may run out at the end of this season.
@Zatara is this true ??

Status
Not open for further replies.