USA and South America Market Growth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great move by the Blues... Are we finally about to be run like a professional business both inside and out... ?

The club has already seen support grow in both the USA and South America thanks to former players, official memberships and the growth of supporters clubs.

Everton were set to travel to the US and South America for friendlies because of this before the impact of COVID-19 stopped those plans.

Launch activity will see outdoor media and activations in Colombia and Miami, while there will also be enhanced distribution of merchandise through Fanatics.

The club now plans to open its first international office in the USA, with a final location of either Florida or Southern California still to be decided upon.

Dedicated social media accounts and web pages are also set to be launched in the coming days with bespoke content for a South american audience.

Everton's official website will have Spanish landing pages and both Spanish and Portuguese will become permanent additional languages in the coming weeks.

They've talked the marketing talk - now walk the marketing walk.
Could be a market all ready and waiting in Chile for a start.

To be fair with our Thai owners and their connections in the country we were always going to have a bigger presence in that aspect

I imagine King Power was also plastered absolutely everywhere as well
It certainly was. Yes locals knew a lot more about leicester than Everton. But Everton were sponsored by the fave local brew Chang. I got stopped by loads of locals asking where they could get that shirt probably cos of the chang logo. Think our gazebo had about 10 boxes of shirts and everton t shirts. They were selling fast when I had a look around butleicester had about 12 stalls like I said. Leicesters commercial dept had it spot on. Ours tbh was a joke

Looks terrible doesnt it, I think sponsors on the lower back of the shirt may eventually creep into over here
I think we'll see worse than that eventually. Just waiting for someone to sponsor the soles of bolasie's boots so you can see the sponsor when he falls over.

Fanatics dominates the US in team apparel online. So giving them a reason to feature Everton and promote the shirts, etc. will provide good access and exposure if it happens.

They've talked the marketing talk - now walk the marketing walk.
Could be a market all ready and waiting in Chile for a start.

Colombia - 50 million population.
Chile - 20 million

we have one of the poster boys of South American football, and Colombia is a huge, huge market to crack.

Id be starting in Colombia first. Love the sentiment, but let’s get the business side polished first.

We’ve done a good job since Silva of bringing in various nationalities and making their transitions easier to the league. I remember Sandro had a really hard time fitting in with the language barrier and I’d like to avoid that if at all possible. More Brazilians

Status
Not open for further replies.