Transfer Rumour Fikayo Tomori

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry mate - should have elaborated. A mate of mine who has access to someone in the club's fitness staff has said that he's most likely out till December. Just passing on, but the move for Tomori would appear to suggest same.

Holgate is quite injury prone if this is true.

No thanks. Why should we be in the position of helping develop another PL team's players?

If there are fitness concerns about Mina / Holgate / Keane then Gibson and Branthwaite step up. If there isn't confidence in the 'youngsters' right now then you buy another CB.

We should have 2 players per position, so that means 4 CBs anyway.

No thanks. Why should we be in the position of helping develop another PL team's players?

If there are fitness concerns about Mina / Holgate / Keane then Gibson and Branthwaite step up. If there isn't confidence in the 'youngsters' right now then you buy another CB.

We need cover. But I’d rather Gibson and Branthwaite actually played 30 games this season.

I think it is a strange move for Chelsea to loan him to Everton. As has been pointed out already this does depend on the injury to Holgate and not a word three days after the injury does not look good.

But, if the injury to Holgate is not long term then I think Tomori would certainly not be guaranteed minutes ahead of Holgate, Keane and Mina. There is no way he will be made any promises about minutes played we are just too big for that.

I would be more than happy to loan him, giving Gibson and Branthwaite a chance to gain more experience and Gibson certainly would be ready to challenge in twelve months, if not sooner.

I think Gibson's contract may run out at the end of this season.

Without knowing more about the Holgate injury it's hard to say if this is a good move. Tomori is quick and powerful so he's a different type of player to what we already have in CB.

I'm not sure we'd be able to give Holgate/Mina/Keane/Tomori all the game time that they'd want/need, but competition for places is invaluable and maybe Carlo and Marcel both feel a low risk/cost loan has a lot of upside.

If it wasn't for Keane's new deal I'd be saying Burnley would be throwing money at us to get him back.

Best defenders play, simple as. If Tomori is one of them then so be it.

Because if we think Gibson and Branthwaite have the potential to make it here, why buy another one - unless its someone who is top draw?

Get an experienced, PL player in for a year and develop our two. Why waste money?

I think it is a strange move for Chelsea to loan him to Everton. As has been pointed out already this does depend on the injury to Holgate and not a word three days after the injury does not look good.

But, if the injury to Holgate is not long term then I think Tomori would certainly not be guaranteed minutes ahead of Holgate, Keane and Mina. There is no way he will be made any promises about minutes played we are just too big for that.

I would be more than happy to loan him, giving Gibson and Branthwaite a chance to gain more experience and Gibson certainly would be ready to challenge in twelve months, if not sooner.

I think Gibson's contract may run out at the end of this season.
I think it is very possible that Tomori is our best defender if he comes. I like some of our guys but they aren't top class if we're being honest about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.