Transfer Rumour Fikayo Tomori

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without knowing more about the Holgate injury it's hard to say if this is a good move. Tomori is quick and powerful so he's a different type of player to what we already have in CB.

I'm not sure we'd be able to give Holgate/Mina/Keane/Tomori all the game time that they'd want/need, but competition for places is invaluable and maybe Carlo and Marcel both feel a low risk/cost loan has a lot of upside.

If it wasn't for Keane's new deal I'd be saying Burnley would be throwing money at us to get him back.

Exactly. Branthwaite in particular has looked an excellent prospect. But given what Ledson has recently said about U23's not being real football, you have to wonder what keeping them here to make the bench the odd game but playing most of the season in the U23's is going to do for their development.

Yes they may be training with better players here, but players dont improve just training. If they both get 30-40 games next season then we may not need to dip into the market for a CB. Or if we want we can sell for decent money.

This deal or any defender on loan makes sense.

Look at Ben White and Brighton. Apparently they've turned down 30m for him. Hes older than both of those lads. If they play regularly, it's no bad thing.

Without knowing more about the Holgate injury it's hard to say if this is a good move. Tomori is quick and powerful so he's a different type of player to what we already have in CB.

I'm not sure we'd be able to give Holgate/Mina/Keane/Tomori all the game time that they'd want/need, but competition for places is invaluable and maybe Carlo and Marcel both feel a low risk/cost loan has a lot of upside.

If it wasn't for Keane's new deal I'd be saying Burnley would be throwing money at us to get him back.

One interesting angle Keane, is if West Ham panic, and pay massive money for Tarkowski, what chance they make an offer for Keane?

Holgate out till December

We were lucky last season at the back. If you consider that Davies and Gylfi were 5th and 6th choice central midfielders after the window last season - yet they seemed to play every week.

I think he has more composure than any other centre half we have.

Whether that's enough, time will tell.
I agree he's better at dribbling and kind of moving with the ball. That composure he does have.

What he doesn't have is the ability to make the ball go somewhere useful when it leaves his feet, and often imo he loses composure when an option isn't immediately available and often gives it away unnecessarily. Personally I find this to be the important part of a CBs distribution. It's similar to how people rate Maguire because he goes on dribbles but to me that is secondary to what CBs need to be good at.

Status
Not open for further replies.