Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good analysis. Unfortunately though we would actually miss Walcott, as currently he’s the only one we have, bar Bolasie. I’d actually happily sell Walcott and have Bolasie as back up for the last year of his deal if it means getting a new RW in. I’d like us to take a punt on someone such as Benrahma rather than go the Zaha route.

Doubt Davies will leave as he’s probably on low wages and won’t mind sitting on the bench too much. Would give Kenny at shot at RB too to be honest. Delph and Sigurdsson should be shown the door. Bernard I like, but for FFP reasons he can comfortably be sold. The rest aren’t worth talking about as they should all go as soon as Brands can find someone daft enough to take them. Can add Baningime, Pennington, Virginia and Connolly to that list too.
We need much better than Kenny, at RB.

Benrahma looks a good player, but if we are going to take a 20mil+ gamble on a championship player. Brentford just sold Watkins to villa for 28mil according to twitter. I’d rather give Gordon a season down the left.

And with us playing 442 or 4231. We will have 4 players fir the 2 midfield spots, once Gbamin is fit, Davies won’t be getting on the bench, I’d sell personally, not good enough even as a squad player

Do we need another slotter?
He should get much better service now, and if he can't find the back of the net with this midfield, then your question might be worth asking again in January.

Besides, this midfield has to work because we no longer have the option of "Chaos Theory" in the box without Niasse....:p

He should get much better service now, and if he can't find the back of the net with this midfield, then your question might be worth asking again in January.

Besides, this midfield has to work because we no longer have the option of "Chaos Theory" in the box without Niasse....:p
I have a feeling a certain Mr Kean is going to be a massive beneficiary of our new and improved midfield.

I have a feeling a certain Mr Kean is going to be a massive beneficiary of our new and improved midfield.
Watched him for Italy last night on the wing of a front 3. Italy were well and truly under the kosh and he was forced into a defensive role and looked all over the place (and quite unfit too). When he pushed on upfront he got a good chance when he rounded the keeper but put it wide. I like the kid but for me he is an out an out striker, his football awareness is not great but hoping he can get a run this season.

Gelson Martins could fit the bill, portuguese rw scores goals can play rb also lw and up front in trouble at monaco for hitting the ref would fit bill and give us more snide in the team. Was tipped as worldie only couple years back and is only 24/25.

I'd buy him just so he can hit the refs over here when they treat us like crap.

We need much better than Kenny, at RB.

Benrahma looks a good player, but if we are going to take a 20mil+ gamble on a championship player. Brentford just sold Watkins to villa for 28mil according to twitter. I’d rather give Gordon a season down the left.

And with us playing 442 or 4231. We will have 4 players fir the 2 midfield spots, once Gbamin is fit, Davies won’t be getting on the bench, I’d sell personally, not good enough even as a squad player

I really don’t think we can judge Kenny until he’s been given a run of 10 games or so. I can’t say I’ve got enough evidence so far to judge him either way.

I doubt that we’ll play 4-4-2 based on the pre season games, where we’ve played 4-3-3. Not remotely bothered if Davies leaves as he’s not good enough I just can’t see the club being in a hurry to punt him. If Rich and Gordon are fighting it out for the left spot we would definitely need a RW, though be happy to move Rich there in the interim.

Can't see we're I said you had said that regarding him taking all his chances but never mind and he did I agree improve his goalscoring record but he had a purple patch of 10 games so what did he actually do in the other 28 plus cup games hopefully the main problem of sorting out the midfield as been addressed with Daucoure signing as well so I see a centre forward as being one of them gaps that needs an upgrade plus right back and a pacey winger.

You said you can't buy that he never gets chances and that he should have had at least 20 goals. I hadnt said he doesnt get chances, but that with a better midfield, the chances are he would score more. Would you prefer someone like Gabriel jesus? His shot to goal ratio was worse than DCL. Or Firmino? Who only scored 9% of his shots. They get way more chances than DCL yet his shot to goal ratio was higher. He had higher shot success than salah as well. Even the players at the top who are apparently much more clinical miss loads. (More than dcl).

Exactly pal a purple patch of 10 games in how many and the way some of our supporters rave about him you would think he's Messi in his prime I can think of at least 15 better strikers I need the premiership than him.

Go on then, name them. You realise only 4 players scored over 20 last season. There's usually only 3/4 most seasons, 20 goal a season strikers are very hard to come by (unless you are one of the top 3/4 or get lucky).

Status
Not open for further replies.