Confirmed Signing Niels Nkounkou

Status
Not open for further replies.
£5M for Kone, £4M for Besic, £4M for Robles, £2M for McGeady?

Kone £6m in 2013 probably is like £18m in today’s market.

Niasse 13.5 left for 0. McCarthy 13 sold for 3. Mori 9.5 sold for 6. Kone 6 left for 0. Besic 4 probably leave for 1. Tarashaj 3 left for 0. Robles about 3 left for 0. McGeady 2 left for 0.

On papers the profit of Rom was rougher the same as the loss for the above players.

Not even arsed about getting a back up left back now. We should be giving Niels the chance to be in and around the squad, playing in the League Cup games this month.

If he doesn't play well in those, we have time after them to get another left back in as cover.

Agreed, hope to see him against Salford.

Would be great to see Digne getting some competition and stepping up another gear.

Kone £6m in 2013 probably is like £18m in today’s market.

Niasse 13.5 left for 0. McCarthy 13 sold for 3. Mori 9.5 sold for 6. Kone 6 left for 0. Besic 4 probably leave for 1. Tarashaj 3 left for 0. Robles about 3 left for 0. McGeady 2 left for 0.

On papers the profit of Rom was rougher the same as the loss for the above players.

Did we pay actual money for that CH? Alcarez or sommet.

Hes at the top of the food chain, whether you like it or not, his is the final word on any signing.

All of the credit, all of the blame, that's how it works.

Under Walsh there were grey areas, but Brands is the Don.

That doesn't mean he wont take suggestions from the manager and his scouting team.

I mean take this Niels fella, somebody will have brought him to Brands, but its up to Brands to pull the trigger.

This Silva signed him bull is getting quite tiresome.
How are there not grey areas now? A DoF who had, at best, a minor say so in the recruitment of two managers.

As for the Richarlison signing: Silva brought him to Watford; do you think that Brands went to Silva and said "what do you think of me buying this feller called Richarlison - he's from Brazil and plays for Watford. Could be good".

Nope.

The rate Martinez was going we'd of ended up with a front 4 of McGeady, Cleverley, Kone and Niasse. He started off brilliantly in the market and got exponentially worse as he went on.

Niels looks like he's got buckets of potential, and if Marcel can find one or two of them a year, ala Branthwaite too, he's more than doing his job.

How are there not grey areas now? A DoF who had, at best, a minor say so in the recruitment of two managers.

As for the Richarlison signing: Silva brought him to Watford; do you think that Brands went to Silva and said "what do you think of me buying this feller called Richarlison - he's from Brazil and plays for Watford. Could be good".

Nope.

I’d imagine Silva went to Brands and said I want Richarlison and Brands said yes, he’s boss, let’s get him.

We’ve heard from both Silva, Ancelotti and Brands himself that unless both him and manager agree on a player it’s not happening.

It's obvious nkounkou is better at beating players than digne, and looks like he has a wand of a left foot crossing wise. Digne is solid defensively and takes a good free kick, but doesn't really go past opposition players. I'm not convinced he's a great overlapping, attacking full back. His free kicks cover a multitude of attacking weaknesses. This guy nkounkou looks like he can offer stiff competition for the left back birth in the not too distant future.

Status
Not open for further replies.