Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way they will let him go permanently. It will only be a loan if anything but I think Lampard is a fan, the only reason he wasnt in the team towards the end of the season was due to injury.

...yep, he was Derby’s player of the season when Lampard nearly got them promoted. He’s rapid. I think he’s got more potential than Zouma and is better than Todibo.

One of the things that sickens me the most is Bolasie, fully aware he's not wanted at the club, being fully prepared to potentially forfeit the rest of his career by seeing out his contract instead of actively seeking to join a new club on a longer-term contract.

Yes he may be gifted 70k a week for nothing this season, but if he's not playing he becomes an even more (as if it's even possible) unattractive prospect for a new club, whereas he could go and sign a three-year-deal somewhere for 30k a week and maintain a career and end up even richer for it.

It's not like we're going to be demeanding actual money off anybody. And even if we are, it'd be a nominal fee at best. I reckon we've even offered him a mutual termination and he's rejected it.

One of the things that sickens me the most is Bolasie, fully aware he's not wanted at the club, being fully prepared to potentially forfeit the rest of his career by seeing out his contract instead of actively seeking to join a new club on a longer-term contract.

Yes he may be gifted 70k a week for nothing this season, but if he's not playing he becomes an even more (as if it's even possible) unattractive prospect for a new club, whereas he could go and sign a three-year-deal somewhere for 30k a week and maintain a career and end up even richer for it.

It's not like we're going to be demeanding actual money off anybody. And even if we are, it'd be a nominal fee at best. I reckon we've even offered him a mutual termination and he's rejected it.

Or, take £70k a week for a year, then get a large signing on fee plus £30k a week next year.

Or, take £70k a week for a year, then get a large signing on fee plus £30k a week next year.
Nobody is paying a 'large signing on fee' for a player who has made it known he's not interested in playing football.

He might think he's a big shot based on us paying five times his actual worth, but his stock couldn't be lower nowadays.

So why would they pay him £30k a week?
Clubs in the Championship pay those wages nowadays. Bolasie somehow was able to find temporary homes with decent teams in previous seasons, maybe a naive club still thinks he's a dangerous and tricky winger worthy of a deal if the fee is less than seven figures.

Clubs in the Championship pay those wages nowadays. Bolasie somehow was able to find temporary homes with decent teams in previous seasons, maybe a naive club still thinks he's a dangerous and tricky winger worthy of a deal if the fee is less than seven figures.

Any Prem player signing for free at a Prem and most Championship sides would get a decent signing on fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.