Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked Stones and I still do, but thought his skills were better suited to midfield.

While I'm here, I saw a question on the end of a twitter attachment here yesterday. Someone asked do people in any other city than Liverpool
say 'going to the pictures'. Yes, it's what we say in Melbourne although the younger generation are tending towards 'movies'.
Mate I’m a London boy and I always said going to the pictures but that may be a generational thing.

Holgate seems to be the undisputed first choice. He's the one leader in central defence and Branthwaite has shown enough to be one of 4 options for the season.

Holgate actually tries, an attribute that sets him apart from most of our team. Branthwaite has looked brilliant when he has played but let's not add him to your scrapheap of wasted potential just yet Zat, keep your praise to yourself for a little while

So Man Utd have joined Arsenal, Napoli, PSG in the race to sign Gabriel, no mention of little Everton. Our stock is pretty low at the moment.
To be fair the media reported that we had pulled out of the race. However, there is no doubt the other teams are more attractive propositions at the moment.

So Man Utd have joined Arsenal, Napoli, PSG in the race to sign Gabriel, no mention of little Everton. Our stock is pretty low at the moment.

....the emergence of Branthwaite must have an impact. Not sure I see us in the market for a CB unless one leaves, but if we are I wouldn’t be surprised if Brands renews his interest in Chelsea’s Tomori.

Keane has 2 years left on his deal so we either extend his contract or we should sell.

With Allan and Doucoure we could still play deep and break on the counter providing we signed a rapid right winger and a fast right back.

I like Stones but Gabriel was our first choice and so i think its best we move onto first choices in other positions.

Holgate seems to be the undisputed first choice. He's the one leader in central defence and Branthwaite has shown enough to be one of 4 options for the season.

For the other two centre back squad roles, we have Keane, Mina and....Lewis Gibson.

Since he joined Fleetwood on loan he played 90mins every match and was unbeaten in 10 of 11 games (1st playoff leg losing 4-1).

Hes been highly rated for some time now. Could we go with Holgate + Mina + Gibson + Branthwaite and sell Keane?

We would then have 2 left footers + 2 right footers and be able to bank the £20mil+ for Keane.
Risky but other clubs have done well with young CBS. Ajax and RBL for instance. It's whether they are good enough and we won't know that answer until they're had an extended run

....the emergence of Branthwaite must have an impact. Not sure I see us in the market for a CB unless one leaves, but if we are I wouldn’t be surprised if Brands renews his interest in Chelsea’s Tomori.
He had a decent run in the team under Lampard and then wasn't seen again.
Don't think he was injured , any idea how he blotted his copybook ?

Status
Not open for further replies.