2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t disagree totally but I’m a believer in proper game time is essential to develop and HAS to be given. It’s funny how the more a kid plays the better he gets... took your undroppable DCL 3 years to find the back of the net more consistently... what Kean would do with that amount of Opportunity!

firstly I said unstoppable for the time. DCL has been poor since the restart.

we don’t have three years time to wait for Kean to have a purple patch.Easy for us to judge online but we h an e no idea what he does in training. Three managers have all thought, nah not ready just yet.
Which is fine by the way. There is no rush with him. He had a performance to build on ending the season so if he works hard CA (who has hyped him up for the future) he will get his chance for sure.

People stand back and wonder out loud why we are where we are as a club.

Well one of the reasons we are where we are is that players who cant find the net are tolerated.

the flip side of this argument is that we aren’t patient enough with players and therefore get on their backs and destroy their confidence before they’ve had a proper chance.

loads of examples of foreign players coming into the Premier League and struggling in their 1st season before improving thereafter. Obviously there are the counter examples of players staying rubbish.

However, any player only has a chance with support. I think Kean has shown enough in his career to persevere with and be patient with. Obviously people may disagree with this

the flip side of this argument is that we aren’t patient enough with players and therefore get on their backs and destroy their confidence before they’ve had a proper chance.

loads of examples of foreign players coming into the Premier League and struggling in their 1st season before improving thereafter. Obviously there are the counter examples of players staying rubbish.

However, any player only has a chance with support. I think Kean has shown enough in his career to persevere with and be patient with. Obviously people may disagree with this

That last bit especially - the only thing I’d add is that we (as a club) blatantly lied to him, saying he’d get more playing time and development here. He barely got any of that on the pitch, but that he kept his head up and kept going says a lot of good things about him.

I dont think that's applied to Kean.

I understand that he will be given another chance by Ancelotti. But we really cant be remaining loyal to players - whomever they are, whatever the fee was, and whatever their age - who dont deliver...especially strikers who cant find the net.

I understand that he will be given another chance by Ancelotti. But we really cant be remaining loyal to players - whomever they are, whatever the fee was, and whatever their age - who dont deliver...especially strikers who cant find the net.

If we're still in the same position a year from now I will agree with you.

But for now he gets the benefit of the doubt

I think back to what Wenger did with Henry. He put him up top and left him there. Allowed him to become the player he was. He was truly dreadful at first. Maybe we do that with Kean. Just play the lad. Give him the season as the no9. Have Richarlison and Walcott/Iwobi/?. The other side and just let him get on with it. Let him find his feet and see what we actually have. Let's be honest we ain't winning the league next season. So let's crack on, get a midfield and a right back and see what our front 3 can do with some decent service.

I think back to what Wenger did with Henry. He put him up top and left him there. Allowed him to become the player he was. He was truly dreadful at first. Maybe we do that with Kean. Just play the lad. Give him the season as the no9. Have Richarlison and Walcott/Iwobi/?. The other side and just let him get on with it. Let him find his feet and see what we actually have. Let's be honest we ain't winning the league next season. So let's crack on, get a midfield and a right back and see what our front 3 can do with some decent service.

This is one of them complete myths that people just regurgitate cos they've heard it so many times.

Henry scored 17 premier league goals in his first season

They're not though. By and large there's a view that this feller is bang on track in his development - hence all the "he's scored as many as x,y and z did at his age".
Yeah, but there's not though. Literally no one on this forum (least of all you, judging by your comments) is qualified to judge whether he's "bang on track with his development".

All that anyone's saying is that your "two goals two goals two goals" shout is daft and a remarkably blunt way of analysing said development... and the player comparisons simply show that to be the case - especially when factoring in that those comparisons were (largely) to players operating in their own countries, and often at a much lower level of football than Kean is playing at (not to mention the bizarre last third of this season)

This is one of them complete myths that people just regurgitate cos they've heard it so many times.

Henry scored 17 premier league goals in his first season
First 10 games or so he was pants. He even admits that himself. Plenty of stories going around that he actually went to Wenger and told him he hated being a striker and wanted back on the wing.

First 10 games or so he was pants. He even admits that himself. Plenty of stories going around that he actually went to Wenger and told him he hated being a striker and wanted back on the wing.

Kean isn't a winger playing striker or vice versa tho?

I dont get the correlation

I agree.

But the real question is how long we remain loyal for before moving on from them? That'll be different for different players and different circumstances. I'd give a promising youngster more time than an experienced player who was brought in. I'd probably give a player moving from a different league/country more time to adapt.

For me, Kean ticks a few of those boxes so deserves more patience. If at the end of next season, we are sitting here and he's in the same position then I'd be fully behind him being moved on. As it is, I'm not and think he needs our continued patience and support to be able to grow.

Same applies to some of the other younger players who seem to have burnt out the heads of sections of the fanbase.

I saw his home debut at Highbury. He was like you say, crap. Quick though.

Status
Not open for further replies.