2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a reply saying that just because Brands came out asking for Silva's support shortly before sacking may just in fact not mean he wanted to retain him after all.
It was widely reported after his sacking that Brands wanted to keep Silva. Certainly the echo reported it that way. I mean I know you’ll come back with the “it’s definitely not true then” but what else do we have to go on?

It was widely reported after his sacking that Brands wanted to keep Silva. Certainly the echo reported it that way. I mean I know you’ll come back with the “it’s definitely not true then” but what else do we have to go on?

Well I’m going off of various examples of votes of confidence in football. I can’t find said articles about what you’re referring to either.

Well I’m going off of various examples of votes of confidence in football. I can’t find said articles about what you’re referring to either.
Yeah it was mentioned at the time because I was worried when I heard. It was certainly discussed on podcasts at the time too. Anyhow, i think we all agree that Brands has to get this window right. We need minimum three first teamers. Signings that walk into the first eleven.

No, Brands makes a statement and then days later the company goes in the opposite direction.

A man of honour would have walked.

jeez Dave. As Director of football is a company spokesperson. It often happens in business where a company spokesperson makes a statement and then days later there are actions which as the exact opposite of said statement. It really isn’t uncommon in the business world.

jeez Dave. As Director of football is a company spokesperson. It often happens in business where a company spokesperson makes a statement and then days later there are actions which as the exact opposite of said statement. It really isn’t uncommon in the business world.
Not uncommon in business for people to be removed from their posts.
Usually when they don’t deliver quality and results.

On that note Brands is very lucky to still be here

Not uncommon in business for people to be removed from their posts.
Usually when they don’t deliver quality and results.

On that note Brands is very lucky to still be here

well then on the assumption that we know less than those in the company, if he’s not at fault for the transfer misgivings then there’s no issue, and if he is but still remains in his job then there’s an issue with the leadership which needs to be addressed rather than Brands... logically.

Football is not just another business. Only Brands had the expertise to make the decisions on hiring and firing. Certainly he has more so than Moshiri, who actually made the decisions.

Football is not just another business. Only Brands had the expertise to make the decisions on hiring and firing. Certainly he has more so than Moshiri, who actually made the decisions.

you seem to be scatter gunning blame about. If Moshiri did go over his head as ultimate decision maker then why should brands be blamed? Have you never worked for a company where you’re second tier and the owner makes a bad decision over your head? I have.

you seem to be scatter gunning blame about. If Moshiri did go over his head as ultimate decision maker then why should brands be blamed? Have you never worked for a company where you’re second tier and the owner makes a bad decision over your head? I have.

It happens in all organisations mate , not just private companies . I too have witnessed it myself.

It happens in all organisations mate , not just private companies . I too have witnessed it myself.

You smile, you nod and you pick up your pay check.

then you have a little laugh to yourself when it goes tits up, and hope next time they go with your opinion.

...becvause he was hired to fix the club, not watch on as Moshiri made decisions he was employed to take.

The feller is holed below the water-line as far as I'm concerned. No credibility. A nodding dog.

...becvause he was hired to fix the club, not watch on as Moshiri made decisions he was employed to take.

The feller is holed below the water-line as far as I'm concerned. No credibility. A nodding dog.

Dave it happens in all walks of life every day. It’s happened to me. It will have happened to others On here. Get your head out of the clouds and think ‘what would I do’.

you’d quit your well paid job and damage your professional reputation... or would you sit it out and when his decision proves to be dreadful, sit there and smugly grin and hope the control freak has learned his lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.