3 of the Best Everton home and away games you went too ...... !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Home
Andy King derby 77/78
5-0 v Manure 84/85
Bayern 84/85

Away
1-0 Southampton cup semi at Highbury 83/84 Last gasp limbs everywhere.
2-1 Luton cup semi 84/85 played utter turd for 88 mins, then....
3-1 Plymouth 74/75 cup 4th round. First ever away game.

Sits at desk green with envy , ;)

Home) Arsenal 6-1, 85/86 my first season ticket year as kid.
Liverpool 1-0 87/88 unbeaten record ended.
Newcastle 95 fa cup quarters ,had a feeling it was our year after that.
Away) Anfeld 84, Sharpie.
Spurs 84/85, title almost clinched.
Elland Road 95 semi v Spurs, nobody gave us a hope

you went to some beauties mate I envy you !

Home games:

Wimbledon when we won to stay up.. such a feeling that day. Still remember seeing people in the trees in Stanley Park watching the game! No park end built at that time.

Arsenal- Rooneys first goal for Everton. Special goal and you knew you had witnessed something special.

Man Utd - Duncan Fergusons first goal from a corner. What an atmosphere.

Away

Haven't been to many away games but the best has to be the FA Cup semi final against spurs in 1995. What a day. We had 3 sides of the ground and it felt like a home game. Still gives me goosebumps now thinking back on it

The Spurs S/F 95
I was in South Africa , watched with Dad and Sons , Elland Road has bad memories went to Leeds and alway lost and 80 S/F against West Ham :(

The Spurs S/F 95
I was in South Africa , watched with Dad and Sons , Elland Road has bad memories went to Leeds and alway lost and 80 S/F against West Ham :(
Ah that was the first time I had ever been to Elland Road.. shame you missed it mate. It really was a special day! One I will never forget!

Florentina at home was brilliant (until we went out)

Newcastle when we secured 4th under Moyes was great.

Jags volley at Anfield was something to behold live.

Haha, I was on that train. Think it left Lime Street about 3.00am. Good old fashioned 6 seat carriages. As a 13 year old, I enjoyed every bit of it. Loads of old school footy songs like 'when your smiling...without yer kecks on. Different game then.

What a day that was. It was little a bit later than that. (5.00 AM I think)
I was working nights in St.Helens at the time with a normal finish time of 06.00, but I had to clock off at 0400 to get to Lime Street in time.
Lime street was packed with blues and reds (something like 9 trains to Plymouth and 5 to Ipswich for the RS)
A seven hour train journey straight off a night shift is something you don't forget.
Another thing I won't forget from that day is the naivity of a Cornish pastie vendor, who thought it would be a good idea to sell his wares for an inflated price from a converted caravan near the ground. I remember the caravan ended up on its roof and his pasties (and his days takings) were liberated lol I also remember that were plenty of green scarves on the trains back lol(although TBH I slept for most of that journey)
Happy days.

Sits at desk green with envy , ;)
849F5164-E957-4F3C-A7F2-4DEBB722092B.jpeg.jpg

97/98 3-2 Bolton. Big Dunc hattrick and squandering a 2 goal lead.
02/03 2-1 Arsenal. Going a goal down relatively early against the champions, the crowd got behind the team and it helped. That season under Moyes was probably one of the best I've experienced purely for the fact that we were turd for so many years, to then finally be able to score last minute goals, keep clean sheets and beat teams we should be beating. It was a new dawn and loads of hope flowing.
15/16 City LCSF 2-1. The crowd was electric that night and again it shows that when the crowd get behind the team, call for decisions and make some noise then it plays a huge part in the result. I think I lost my voice that night. Shame about the return leg.

Best 3 home

Everton 7- 1 Southampton
Everton 2- 0 Liverpool
Everton 3- 4 Manchester United

Best 3 away

Everton 1- 0 Blackburn (charity shield)
Everton 2- 0? Crystal palace
Everton Vs Oldham in a pre season friendly.

I haven't been to many away games

Status
Not open for further replies.