Young EFC Players Out on Loan 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad Dowell has had a good game but he isnt good enough. He is a prime example of a player a definitive decision should have been made 3 years ago. Either we would give him game time ourselves to get up to speed in the prem, or sell him off so he has the best chance of making a career.we have too many constant loanee's who may have had a chance at the prem had we made a decision one way or another instead of constantly kicking the can down the road.

Glad Dowell has had a good game but he isnt good enough. He is a prime example of a player a definitive decision should have been made 3 years ago. Either we would give him game time ourselves to get up to speed in the prem, or sell him off so he has the best chance of making a career.we have too many constant loanee's who may have had a chance at the prem had we made a decision one way or another instead of constantly kicking the can down the road.
3 years ago he was 19

Three years ago he was starring in the U20 World Cup winning team. Just sayin

When? 45 minutes in a league cup match?
Well this is he’s fourth go in the championship, had a good run at Forest until they changed their manager, the new manager didn’t rate him,he was at Sheffield Unt. last season, in out of the side, started at Derby County this season, never impressed, he hasn’t really took off at Wigan, looks like he had a very good game tonight, never seems to grab his chances, many chances, and we all know why, he’s got all the ability in the world, he flitters in and out of games, he doesn’t seem to have the heart, fight and desire to realise he could be a good premier league player, he’s twenty three soon, is he ever going to change, I’ve been saying the same thing since I first saw him as a sixteen year old, I’m sure he must have been told over and over by different coaches that he can’t wait for the ball to come to him, he’s got to go looking and fighting for it, it honestly seems beyond him.

Yep i thought you were responding to the Dowell comment in the sentence...by very fluid i assumed you disagreed and thought he may get a chance.
Nah more that we may have targets but the specifics are far from certain. I'd like to see Dowell at least go through preseason but I know it is unlikely.

Well this is he’s fourth go in the championship, had a good run at Forest until they changed their manager, the new manager didn’t rate him,he was at Sheffield Unt. last season, in out of the side, started at Derby County this season, never impressed, he hasn’t really took off at Wigan, looks like he had a very good game tonight, never seems to grab his chances, many chances, and we all know why, he’s got all the ability in the world, he flitters in and out of games, he doesn’t seem to have the heart, fight and desire to realise he could be a good premier league player, he’s twenty three soon, is he ever going to change, I’ve been saying the same thing since I first saw him as a sixteen year old, I’m sure he must have been told over and over by different coaches that he can’t wait for the ball to come to him, he’s got to go looking and fighting for it, it honestly seems beyond him.
Sheffield United was a tough one because he played almost RWB there. It would have been nice if after a strong preseason in 17/18 and that loan spell at Forest we went and made him a part of our squad for 18/19 but we fell in love with Sigurdsson instead.

Totally agree a couple of years ago he was far to good for the u23s and no doubt his talent but games seem to pass him by and offers nothing without the ball and I think you've either got the heart and desire or not

3 years ago he was 19
admittedly maybe 3 years was too long, thought he was older, but having come through the ranks would have expected the club to have some idea where he was at, Barkley, Davies, Rodwell, Anichebe and Vaughn were all involved in the first team at similar ages.
Three years ago he was starring in the U20 World Cup winning team. Just sayin
Disagree on the starring bit, admittedly was a fantastic world cup for England, Kenny looked immense as well.

Simple fact is that for all his talent he is fatally flawed and has been throughout his career including the U23’s.
His tendency to fade from games completely makes him a liability in his preferred central position, this was the reason the Forest manager moved him out wide as they were slipping into a relegation battle. He was even more peripheral on the wing.
It does seem apparent now that he will always struggle to stay involved in games and in football generally and in the PL definitely you cannot afford to carry passengers in the centre.
I hope he can correct his deficiencies and find a rewarding career in the game but it is highly unlikely to be at Everton , that ship has sailed for him.

Fully expect him to leave having never quite made the jump to the first team but that said he literally can’t be worse than Davies or Sigurdsson, shame he’s out on loan really but ok that’s football

Status
Not open for further replies.