Young EFC Players Out on Loan 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've gave Dowell a chance in games lads and he hasn't done anything, He's gonna have to go the Lundstram route if he wants to make something of himself.

We've gave Dowell a chance in games lads and he hasn't done anything, He's gonna have to go the Lundstram route if he wants to make something of himself.

Ah just seen why Dowell being discussed.. anyone who says we gave him a chance .. you’re wrong.

You're probably right in fairness, it's just frustrating to see how technically proficient he is with the ball and not believe that other elements can be added to his game. However, this feels increasingly like a comment befitting of a thread from ~2015, which further backs up your assessment..

Was never given a deserved proper chance and probably too late now. Likely sold to a championship club and we need to put in a hefty sell on clause.
I agree. I think we get blinded by the fact they get a lot of money for doing what they love and forget they're just people like the rest of us. I'm sure a lot of us have played at various levels of football and every single level with have lots of individuals that require different ways of handling.

Some are ok being told they've played awful and have the confidence to step up after being dropped. Others you need to cajole and put an arm around, they need to feel wanted.

An odd game here or there, a 5 min sub appearance doesn't show someone you trust them. Maybe Dowell is like that and just needs to feel the love.
I've watched him a couple of times for Wigan since the restart and he has been anonymous for parts of the game (due to the midfield being bypassed generally) but when he gets on the ball his quality shines through. He will have a very bright future in the game I'm just hoping he steps up and it's with us. Ever the romantic

His contract ends at the end of last season so we do need to decide quickly but it isn't like we are talking about all the money in the world anyway so I'd let Ancelotti have a look.

I'd like to think Ancelotti and brands have most of our signings already lined up so unlikely dowell will get a sniff.

Status
Not open for further replies.