Top 3 best & worst value for money signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best:

- Baines ... Left back position sorted with one of the best in the business for 10 years

- Coleman ... Same story as Baines, his peak wasn’t as prolonged but the value for money we got is superb

- Stones ... Signed as an absolute unknown and then went on to make about £45 million profit on him

Worst:

- Sigurdsson
- Bolasie
- Gbamin

I have absolutely nothing against Gbamin and I think he’d have proven to be a good player for us this season, but there’s no way I can’t include him given that he has had more season-ending injuries than he has had starts

In the Prem era, I think Davie Weir was a great value signing... what did we pay, £250,000 to Hearts? Martyn and Cahill for the other two best value signings.

The worst value ones are much easier to pick out, but I'll go with some more recent ones: Bolasie, Sandro & Schneiderlin.

Glenn Keeley - I seem to remember him making his debut in the derby (amybe getting sent off) and us losing 5-0

Best
Dean
Southall
Coleman

Worst

Siggurdson
Sandro
Van de meyde

Although there is plenty of best for Moyes era

Sandro would be the worst for me, as with his wages, he will have cost us the best part of £20 million and we got a handful of games and 1 goal from him.
What a finish it was though... His first game wasn't it?

Remember thinking at the time how he might play a big part of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.