Transfer Rumour Gabriel (Lille)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just as long as it isn't allowed to go on and on and on.

We saw last summer the problems caused when waiting for Zouma, and having to scramble around for a loan on Deadline day, which didn't even materialise.

Put a decent offer to the player and club. Any stalling particularly on the players part shouldn't be entertained for very long at all.
That was poor from Brands tbh. I can understand Zouma's hesitation because I guess it was a big decision but Brandos plan B's were baaad

"oh no I flatlined any chance of landing a decent defender, hopefully one of the kids can come through and save my ass!"
“We made a decision not to renew Phil Jagielka to give Mason Holgate more perspective for his future because he’s very talented. We also have a very young boy Lewis Gibson who had a very good preseason, and we need him to step up more than he has already, but he’s a player with a future at Everton.”

“We made a decision not to renew Phil Jagielka to give Mason Holgate more perspective for his future because he’s very talented. We also have a very young boy Lewis Gibson who had a very good preseason, and we need him to step up more than he has already, but he’s a player with a future at Everton.”
Nonsense. If that were his strategy Garbutt would have been our LB and he'd be saying the same cliche's. But that didn't happen because he landed Digne.

The truth is he messed up and got lucky when Holgate turned out to be vastly improved.

Either way you don't win trophies by not replacing 1st team players in favour of praying very average youngsters suddenly vastly improve. For that reason I doubt it was the plan B.

Nonsense. If that were his strategy Garbutt would have been our LB and he'd be saying the same cliche's. But that didn't happen because he landed Digne.

The truth is he messed up and got lucky when Holgate turned out to be vastly improved.

Either way you don't win trophies by not replacing 1st team players in favour of praying very average youngsters suddenly vastly improve. For that reason I doubt it was the plan B.

I mean I've literally just given you a direct quote from Brands so clearly I'm wasting my time here.

Brands has said numerous times he wants a clear pathway for the younger players.

The same Garbutt whose name was not known to our manager?

I mean I've literally just given you a direct quote from Brands so clearly I'm wasting my time here.

Brands has said numerous times he wants a clear pathway for the younger players.

Do you genuinely think he would have came out and announced his failure? It's basic PR to sell his "decision" to stick with Holgate.

Status
Not open for further replies.