Everton Head Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the mags have sent him to crown then it means sentence it at least 2 years... possibly means he has a suspended sentence already or a criminal past.
Not necessarily. The maximum sentence a Magistrate can impose for one offence is 6 months, for two offences which are triable either way, the maximum is 12 months.
Therefore due to the nature of the charge, Arson, it is triable on indictment only and carries a sentence of up to life imprisonment. Therefore it will be heard and sentenced in Crown. Does not necessarily mean two years minimum.
The Fireworks offence is a summary offence and carrys a sentence of 6 months or a fine upto £5000 and will be heard in Magistrates after his plea at Crown.

Not necessarily. The maximum sentence a Magistrate can impose for one offence is 6 months, for two offences which are triable either way, the maximum is 12 months.
Therefore due to the nature of the charge, Arson, it is triable on indictment only and carries a sentence of up to life imprisonment. Therefore it will be heard and sentenced in Crown. Does not necessarily mean two years minimum.
The Fireworks offence is a summary offence and carrys a sentence of 6 months or a fine upto £5000 and will be heard in Magistrates after his plea at Crown.
Didn't actually realise he had been charged with arson tbh. But yes that would make it indictable. And yes crown unless he also elected to go to crown court.

But unless its changed again mags can sentence up to 2 years. This was to help allievate pressure in crown courts.

Didn't actually realise he had been charged with arson tbh. But yes that would make it indictable. And yes crown unless he also elected to go to crown court.

But unless its changed again mags can sentence up to 2 years. This was to help allievate pressure in crown courts.
I didn't realise Magistrates had been sentencing up to two years, news to me.
The charge was upgraded at his first appearance from Criminal Damage to Arson which is why I imagine he never entered a plea.
Either way it was set for Crown, if only for sentencing due to the financial amount of the damage caused at the very least.
I would suggest that he would look to bargain and plead to Criminal Damage at Crown due to the sentencing guidelines being set at 10 years as opposed to life imprisonment for Arson.
Due to the lack of intent to endanger life, if accepted and guilty plea taken into account, maybe 18 months.

I didn't realise Magistrates had been sentencing up to two years, news to me.
The charge was upgraded at his first appearance from Criminal Damage to Arson which is why I imagine he never entered a plea.
Either way it was set for Crown, if only for sentencing due to the financial amount of the damage caused at the very least.
I would suggest that he would look to bargain and plead to Criminal Damage at Crown due to the sentencing guidelines being set at 10 years as opposed to life imprisonment for Arson.
Due to the lack of intent to endanger life, if accepted and guilty plea taken into account, maybe 18 months.
Yeah was changed a few years ago now.

Let him do life!

Tbh I would argue intend to endanger life due to the fact one firework went off into the crowd and could have seriously injured someone! Weak yes but still worth arguing!

Let him do life!

Tbh I would argue intend to endanger life due to the fact one firework went off into the crowd and could have seriously injured someone! Weak yes but still worth arguing!
He wont be the only one by the way when the Police identify the others firing rockets.
And they will find them as they will have the other video's by now.

Let him do life!

To be fair, you are right. I hadn't thought of it that way.
The recklessness aspect clearly is proven when viewed that way. A person of reasonable firmness would surely agree that firing a firework into / above a large crowd would constitute the reckless element.

I was disgusted by some videos I have seen of course.
Drunken teenagers mainly and getting away with it because of no police action.
Its a civil matter and surely the club can not comment or apologize just because they have a red shirt on.
nope, look at the footage, those 'teenagers' had an uphill paper round, and they did it because they are gobshites, not because of the action by the police, the police cant act until the criminal act has taken place, and they arent civil actions. they are breaches of criminal law under theCovid regulations, criminal damage and firework legislation. So Murder FC can t comment because people wearing Liverpool shirts at an impromptu championship celebration surrounded by others all singing partisan Liverpool songs were nothing to do with the club?? You sir are a weapons grade bellend and along with your mates, are a danger to society. People in the region are going to die as a result of those celebrations.

Status
Not open for further replies.