Everton Head Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post Phil. Exactly how I feel. I come from a family of reds and I gave one of my brothers down the banks on Friday, before the Pier Head kicked off, for defending their actions the previous night. He has a wife and granddaughter who are both isolating.

I just don't get why their first reaction is to go on the defensive all the time
Anyone who goes "on he defensive"is someone who has 'nothing to offer', or 'something to hide'.
In psychoanalysis, that usually means one and the same thing; GUILT.

Years ago 70's even 80's we cheered each others success. Long time ago that, few things Emlyn Hughes, changed it a little, then Hysel... we were rivals then but it became more hateful after that I'm afraid. Think we still come together for tragedies and common causes but that's about it .
Hughes was destroyed by most Liverpool fans at the time they cringed when he said that remark and it was bang out of order. He did not get this City and most of us agree with that.
Heysel did the same as it tarnished anyone from Liverpool regardless of if you followed football or not.
The govt at the time was happy to ban all teams from Europe and it may have been coming even before that tragic event caused by fans of both sides in a ground that was not fit for its purpose.
The true events of Heysel have never been fully portrayed in my opinion but it's true that there were many guilty red fans who contributed to the carnage.
The ban affected all teams for 5 years and I think Liverpool for 6 as Europe hated the English teams anyway because teams were winning their cups as they thought,
The 90s were not great for either of our clubs except for some cup wins.
It's true though as you say that we do come together when it's needed.

@redeye

As a person over 70 I expect you have realised that your club has now increased the likelihood of you dying from Covid-19 exponentially.

I know Shanks took refuge on the Blue side for his last days but we have to draw the line somewhere in the sands of humanity.

Please collect your wreath and shuffle off this mortal coil without blaming anyone else, there's a good chap.

View attachment 92700
I along with all close family have self-isolated accordingly during the lockdown and still am.

No problems, and yes I think the discussion goes a lot deeper. That sort of stupidity by Echo is very poor. I know other Liverpool fan sites were there publishing video's putting it out to the world. Then when it all goes wrong they completely wash their hands of it and take no responsibility.

If I was a Liverpool fan I'd be angry with them. Klopp has spoken well on this, Dalglish spoke clearly on it too. "Stay at home". Very simple. They chose to ignore the message, well in fact went completely against the message and contributed to the ridiculous overcrowding. When it all goes wrong, they wash their hands of it and accept no responsibility. The club really need to stop giving them favourable treatment as well, interviews and the like. They've made you all look completely stupid.

For all concerned I hope Liverpool supporters don't make the trip to Manchester. It will get very problematic if some try to.
Great reply, can't think that any Liverpool fans would want to stand outside the City ground or even watch it in a nearby pub.
But there you go. It's possible for some dopes.

Thought you had just joined mate?
I have, but told everyone previously that I was a reader of the forum for years and it used to be a lot of fun and great wit.
Used to love Chico and was a shame that he left as some of his posts were hilarious.True scouse wit.
Do you think that the forum has got better over the years or not.?
Anyway time to move on to other articles for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.