Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Aaron Ramsey is the fella to sort out midfield or have I stumbled across a parallel universe

Stumbled across a severe lack of footballing knowledge methinks. :p

Look at Wales, we have two world class players that lift what is in effect a team like Aston Villa to be able to get half decent results. 16 goals from midfield shows that he can score even in a side where we (mostly) do not dominate. Ian Rush's record before Bale was only 27 and he was a better finisher surrounded by better players. I know this might be hard to see if you are not Welsh and haven't followed his career closely though.

He is not without risks, age and injuries are a concern. However he is better than anything we have in midfield at the moment and isn't that the fundamental idea when building a team that can actually do something?

He ain't coming here so no need to worry but I find it laughable that people can turn their noses up at someone like him.

We have been a retirement home for over the hill players for too long. Hopefully Fabian Delph will have been the last.

Most players reach a stage in their career when they have achieved everything they wanted or reached a point where they realise they never will.
They reach a point where they can settle for a team that is middle of the road where they get well paid and can coast towards retirement.

We need hungry players whose best days are in front of them and not behind.
Agreed I would much rather take a punt on a Championship player or a young prospect from a foreign league than a squad player from a top four team who is coming here to top up their pension.

Look at Wales, we have two world class players that lift what is in effect a team like Aston Villa to be able to get half decent results. 16 goals from midfield shows that he can score even in a side where we (mostly) do not dominate. Ian Rush's record before Bale was only 27 and he was a better finisher surrounded by better players. I know this might be hard to see if you are not Welsh and haven't followed his career closely though.

He is not without risks, age and injuries are a concern. However he is better than anything we have in midfield at the moment and isn't that the fundamental idea when building a team that can actually do something?

He ain't coming here so no need to worry but I find it laughable that people can turn their noses up at someone like him.
I was disappointed we didn't get Ramsey when he went to Arsenal such a good player. I am not sure we can afford him now like I would prefer to go for a younger player now. But on his day he is quality.

He'll move to somewhere for around 250k a week - unless Juve waive the transfer fee to get his salary off his books. If you think Ramsey is a 100k player I'll show you Sandro, Snides, Siggy, Walcott etc.

ramsey at 21m and 259k a week wages would have the ability to dwarf all the bad deals we have done to date. Late in his career... had injury problems , dropping down from a big club... has all the potential to take us to the cleaners while offering nothing . He could be our Alexis Sanchez ... he’s not worth the risk imo.

He is a really good player but I find it a bit incredulous you would think he would be willing to drop from €60m left on his contract to about €20m. What makes you think that wouldn't be another Bale situation where he is just fine earning insane money for the duration?

Even if we used your example of €250k/week, that's still €36m vs €60m. It's a HUGE difference.

If Iwobi can make the RW spot his own, maybe we don’t need to sign someone there, just have him and Walcott for that side.

Maybe we could explore selling Bernard and signing a new LW instead. I like Bernard but we’re not getting bang for our buck with the wages we’re paying him. If we got say £10m for him, we’d save on his £120k p/w wages (speculated) and make a profit for FFP.

I don't think anybody doubts the ability of Ramsey but the cost of the deal would make no sense.
personally, as good as he is I don't think he has ever been quite the player he was after that awful injury he got.

On a side note who was that player a couple years ago we agreed a loan with an Italian club for them to go to but they didn't want to go? Was that Vlasic? Something about the player didn't want to lose image rights and the money wasn't right for the loan..? Both of those confuse me but the "the money wasn't right" for a loan always confused me. They don't make any less it's just who contributes to the weekly wage. Why would it matter to the player who pays what?

On a side note who was that player a couple years ago we agreed a loan with an Italian club for them to go to but they didn't want to go? Was that Vlasic? Something about the player didn't want to lose image rights and the money wasn't right for the loan..? Both of those confuse me but the "the money wasn't right" for a loan always confused me. They don't make any less it's just who contributes to the weekly wage. Why would it matter to the player who pays what?

Klaassen.

My pennies worth on signing Ramsey or Willian type players. If these lads sign for Everton I can't see their motivation. Unless they still genuinely just love playing football at a good level I find it hard to look past the motivation being a final pay day for them. We've been bitten too many times with these transfers recently, Walcott and Delph are examples.

I'd hope we are looking at Richarlison, Lukaku and Kean type signings. Players with high ceilings and are using us as a stepping stone to a champions league team. We just have to hope we can get enough of these players at the same time to build a good young team were they may want to stick around a bit longer and establish ourselves like Dortmund, Napoli and A.Madrid have the last 10 years.

My pennies worth on signing Ramsey or Willian type players. If these lads sign for Everton I can't see their motivation. Unless they still genuinely just love playing football at a good level I find it hard to look past the motivation being a final pay day for them. We've been bitten too many times with these transfers recently, Walcott and Delph are examples.

I'd hope we are looking at Richarlison, Lukaku and Kean type signings. Players with high ceilings and are using us as a stepping stone to a champions league team. We just have to hope we can get enough of these players at the same time to build a good young team were they may want to stick around a bit longer and establish ourselves like Dortmund, Napoli and A.Madrid have the last 10 years.

I don't think many will disagree but sometimes you need to kickstart those young ones that could just see Everton as a stepping stone if you are not challenging for anything. I think it would be very hard to get a group of young players to reach their peak before say a Richarlison leaves and you have to go and try and replace him which is no easy task and it's almost like starting again.

Oh, its unlikely, but the fact that hes 17, and Barca have so few good players is the very reason he is quite possible to go on loan and we would be a great destination. He hasnt had much gametime, and to get back to dominance they need someone ready to dominate now, not 2 years from now, but they need to develop him in the meantime. Besides, they are bound to loan us SOMEONE this window.

theres 0% chance Fati will be loaned. He is playing in key games in the title run in now, and will be playing even more next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.