Match Thread Norwich City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
....their back four sitting deep, little room for Richarlison or DCL to get in behind. Not exploiting opportunities out wide.

Calls for runners who can go past opposition. We haven’t got too many. I’m sure he’ll bring Sigurdsson on but he’s a similar type.

Iwobi in a central midfield position is an option.

@GrandOldTeam

Sort your ads out mate, this is unacceptable although slightly more interesting than tom davies faking his way through professional football

2KxcF3y.jpg

It's almost as if the manager has told the players just to go thru the motions and get to the end of the season uninjured. Playing like we are two up going into the last 10 minutes.

The four primary attackers have all been decent enough here and if they got consistent service I think they'd easily fashion a goal or 3. But that service isn't there at all. Gomes invisible, Davies awful, Coleman very poor on the ball and Holgate is fearful of having to do anything difficult on his left foot. Michael Keane has been the only one capable of a forward pass this half.

I don't think drifting into that 3 man backline is suiting us right now. I hope he changes it at halftime.

Watching this simply because it's on the beeb. First live league footie in 30 years?

Why am I watching? No crowd, no impetus, pre-season friendly? Not missed this at all.

Modern football is sooooo dull.

It’s absolutely mesmerising how little we have in the middle of the park.

Gomes and Davies are far, far too easy to dribble past it’s disgusting.

We look alright when we get the ball in wide spaces but we’re not getting it there enough because Gomes and Davies have so little control in the middle.

It’s Villa away all over again. Nobody has covered themselves in glory, the midfielders most definitely not. Atrocious

It's a knockabout that's worth £2m for every place we move up
Our players don't care about that during a normal game with fans in attendance roaring them on. What on earth made you think they'd care about that in this environment? Most of these players have proven time after time after time that they don't care about the club, the manager or the fans. I have absolutely no idea why you or anyone else is still surprised by us being so garbage and the players not even trying half the time.

This is going exactly how I feared it might. Typical Everton sleepwalking performance against proper dirge. We are essentially playing with no midfield and a half competent team would have picked us apart by now and it would be game over.

Status
Not open for further replies.