Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean regardless of money spent, funds available yadda yadda yadda we need to do something which we haven’t done for a long time/ever which is actually sign a player for every position we need to strengthen without missing one out.

I’m not sure I trust Everton to do that.

Give Kean the games until the end of the season to see if he can start hitting the back of the net. I'd play him from the start in as many games as possible
Only problem is we need / want to win as many games as possible and playing Richarlison out wide is not the preferred option

Exactly those who believe we are little old Everton that cant compete financially are bonkers - we are in the top 6 clubs for biggest spenders since Moshiri arrived! The problem has been bang average recruitment and has been since Walsh.

I dont know on Kean tbh mate im not even sure Ancelotti rates him I mean he hasn't really played much under him has he? Add in the Big Dunc fiasco and his lockdown antics I wouldn't be suprised if he's moved on if someone offered the right money - his super agent isnt someone who will be happy with him sat on the bench devaluing his value long term either.

Yes and yes. We are still paying the penalty somewhat but are just about working through it.

As for Kean, I can't see why he wouldn't rate him. The truth is though that Calvert Lewin and Richarlinson have been 2 of the best strikers in the league since Carlo came in. That's the standard Kean has to get too. I'm a bit old fashioned in that I don't tend to judge players until their 2nd season, and this is Kean's opportubity.

As for leaving, the deals I've seen just don't come close to what we would want. I'm seeing loan deals with options to but at £18m. We'd be foolish to move him on for that. If he clicks next season, he will go for treble that.

Yes and yes. We are still paying the penalty somewhat but are just about working through it.

As for Kean, I can't see why he wouldn't rate him. The truth is though that Calvert Lewin and Richarlinson have been 2 of the best strikers in the league since Carlo came in. That's the standard Kean has to get too. I'm a bit old fashioned in that I don't tend to judge players until their 2nd season, and this is Kean's opportubity.

As for leaving, the deals I've seen just don't come close to what we would want. I'm seeing loan deals with options to but at £18m. We'd be foolish to move him on for that. If he clicks next season, he will go for treble that.
They haven't been that good. If they are a partnership then they still need a lot of time. I get what you mean about the level and to be honest that is how lewen improves. He doesn't need to be the best striker in the world , he needs to be Steven Naismith level of right place right time. Richy sets so many up for him like his tap ins. Richarlison can do all the boss other things

It's the wider players that are key for them, well the midfield. We control that area and they could be one of the best, in time of course.

They haven't been that good. If they are a partnership then they still need a lot of time. I get what you mean about the level and to be honest that is how lewen improves. He doesn't need to be the best striker in the world , he needs to be Steven Naismith level of right place right time. Richy sets so many up for him like his tap ins. Richarlison can do all the boss other things

It's the wider players that are key for them, well the midfield. We control that area and they could be one of the best, in time of course.

What, 6 goals a season level?

What, 6 goals a season level?
You know what I mean. How many did Naismith just score being onto rebounds and the like ?

Van nisterlroy then for a more eloquent example. He won't hit that height but the odd screamer and the rest in the 6 yard box consistently would be great even in our team. Get his heading as boss as it was recently and perhaps he could well prove me wrong.

Doubt you are getting much quality at CM for 25m myself like.
I think you may get Allan for 25. Rabiot also. They are both top class.

Then you have the likes of sangare with a year left and Hojberg has a year left too. This Wendel fella and koopminers who was also linked, all 4 would be under 20. Ok maybe not world class midfielders, but all with potential. One from the top 2 and one from the other 4 would be decent for 40mil

You know what I mean. How many did Naismith just score being onto rebounds and the like ?

Van nisterlroy then for a more eloquent example. He won't hit that height but the odd screamer and the rest in the 6 yard box consistently would be great even in our team. Get his heading as boss as it was recently and perhaps he could well prove me wrong.

Its why for me Richarlison should be used out wide - DCL will never be prolific but as you say he has improved getting into the right places and using his height/body strength to be a nuisance in the air.

Still think we need a natural slotter if we are to truly challenge the top 4/6 sides and not just be outsiders with a small chance of nicking 6th - someone like Rom alongside DCL with Richarlison and another top winger cutting in either side would make us lethal.

I think you may get Allan for 25. Rabiot also. They are both top class.

Then you have the likes of sangare with a year left and Hojberg has a year left too. This Wendel fella and koopminers who was also linked, all 4 would be under 20. Ok maybe not world class midfielders, but all with potential. One from the top 2 and one from the other 4 would be decent for 40mil

I think certainly from a CM perspective Brands has a few decent targets he could go for this summer. As you say aslong as we bring in one top quality CM like Allan/Rabiot we could afford to sign a cheaper "riskier" CM like Sangare or Wendel as we have Gomes still as an option & anything has to be better than the current cabal of Schneiderlin, Siggurdsson and Davies.

Last edited:
Im confused then, you want to sign him by promising him game time and then NOT giving him game time?

Signing a player at 17 and giving them 'game time' is quite different to you stating that they would be expected to "run the midfield".

Quite bizarre how you knitted that together...

Signing a player at 17 and giving them 'game time' is quite different to you stating that they would be expected to "run the midfield".

Quite bizarre how you knitted that together...

Not really.

I want somebody to run our midfield, IMO thats not going to be a 16 year old. Word is that hes a very talented boy, so if we could sign him that would be great.

But that would still need us needing somebody to run our midfield.

I get it Zat, you want to build for the future, I want to build for the now and then the future, short-sighted yes and something we have been doing for years without success, but Carlo is here now, so lets build for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.