2019/20 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
No pressure for him if we end up playing these meaningless matches. Could be useful time for him to get up to speed and settle in.

6 points off Europe and that's with our toughest games out the way. 9 games left, 5 at home.

• Everton
    t11.png
    t20.png
    Southampton
  • Everton
    t11.png
    t91.png
    Bournemouth
  • Everton
    t11.png
    t14.png
    Liverpool
  • Everton
    t11.png
    t13.png
    Leicester
  • Everton
    t11.png
    t7.png
    Aston Villa

with Spurs, Sheff Utd, Wolves, Norwich away.

These matches are by no means meaningless. Who knows, without the home crowds away from home and without the toxic Goodison 'atmosphere' the players may relax and do their thing.

While on the edges of it, we are by no means out of the running for Europe.

6 points off Europe and that's with our toughest games out the way. 9 games left, 5 at home.

• Everton
    t11.png
    t20.png
    Southampton
  • Everton
    t11.png
    t91.png
    Bournemouth
  • Everton
    t11.png
    t14.png
    Liverpool
  • Everton
    t11.png
    t13.png
    Leicester
  • Everton
    t11.png
    t7.png
    Aston Villa

These matches are by no means meaningless. Who knows, without the home crowds away from home and without the toxic Goodison 'atmosphere' the players may relax and do their thing.

Never say never innit. Literally just depends how sharp they are on their return and if they can catch the rs cold. No doubt that lot will look like they've only needed a weekends break.

• Everton
    t11.png
    t20.png
    Southampton
  • Everton
    t11.png
    t91.png
    Bournemouth
  • Everton
    t11.png
    t14.png
    Liverpool
  • Everton
    t11.png
    t13.png
    Leicester
  • Everton
    t11.png
    t7.png
    Aston Villa

Think we're too far behind tbh. I've not a huge amount of interest in the remaining games.

Our home record is decent even when we are crap, so I don't buy the toxic atmosphere argument. Don't get me wrong, we still need to win more at home, but it's our diabolical away form we need to sort out more.

• Everton
    t11.png
    t20.png
    Southampton
  • Everton
    t11.png
    t91.png
    Bournemouth
  • Everton
    t11.png
    t14.png
    Liverpool
  • Everton
    t11.png
    t13.png
    Leicester
  • Everton
    t11.png
    t7.png
    Aston Villa

Toxic Goodison atmosphere? That gets so overplayed on here.

Think we're too far behind tbh. I've not a huge amount of interest in the remaining games.

Our home record is decent even when we are crap, so I don't buy the toxic atmosphere argument. Don't get me wrong, we still need to win more at home, but it's our diabolical away form we need to sort out more.

Yeah no way we are qualifying for Europe with our current options in midfield and at the back - oh and our lack of goals from out wide.

• Everton
    t11.png
    t20.png
    Southampton
  • Everton
    t11.png
    t91.png
    Bournemouth
  • Everton
    t11.png
    t14.png
    Liverpool
  • Everton
    t11.png
    t13.png
    Leicester
  • Everton
    t11.png
    t7.png
    Aston Villa

....it might be lots to do with how important these games are for the other teams we play. I suspect some will be fighting for their Premiership existence.

Be fascinating how our players individually perform without fans.

....it might be lots to do with how important these games are for the other teams we play. I suspect some will be fighting for their Premiership existence.

Be fascinating how our players individually perform without fans.

Looked around at olthers, everyone is playing each other. Only gonna take one or tow teams to be strong and cope with the situation well and they're in Europe. It's just nonsense to say the season is pointless or over for us though. if City stay banned, it'll go down to 8th possibly too?

Toxic Goodison atmosphere? That gets so overplayed on here.

Does it though? Cause when things aren't going well Goodison absolutely turns. Particularly over the last 3/4 years.

ALTHOUGH in fairness, since CA's appointment, think people have had a bit more patience and if we go a goal down or have a set back, fans are rallying a bit more.

For the record I do not blame anyone for toxicity (to a degree) under the miserable months of Allardyce.

Does it though? Cause when things aren't going well Goodison absolutely turns. Particularly over the last 3/4 years.

ALTHOUGH in fairness, since CA's appointment, think people have had a bit more patience and if we go a goal down or have a set back, fans are rallying a bit more.

For the record I do not blame anyone for toxicity (to a degree) under the miserable months of Allardyce.

It can affect the players at times but 9 times out 10 it was crowd reacting to a terrible performance, not the crowd causing a terrible performance.

I think its definitely overplayed but people could be more supportive too.

It can affect the players at times but 9 times out 10 it was crowd reacting to a terrible performance, not the crowd causing a terrible performance.

I think its definitely overplayed but people could be more supportive too.

Reaction or not mate, the atmosphere at Goodison can be absolutely toxic.

I think its more a general football thing to be fair though. More greed in football, more desperation, more fans expecting to win every single game etc. I put Goodison down to a large group of people desperate to see their club back at the top. However some of the things heard....

It will be VERY interesting to see how our group of players cope. Richarlison seems to play on the atmosphere, fires him up. Siggy for example I imagine will possibly relish it consider the abuse he gets every game.

It can be toxic but there's no denying we've got most of our points at home this season. I don't think being away from the Goodison atmosphere will be beneficial at all.

Will reply to this but wary of dragging the JPGbamin thread away from topic. Just checked soccerway. Our away form is absolutely tragic.

Status
Not open for further replies.