2019/20 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
....my fear is these big muscle injuries keep recurring and even when a player has a run of games they are subconsciously protecting the area and not playing full throttle.

We saw this recently with McCarthy and further back with Ian Snodin. I hope I’m wrong, but I fear we haven’t seen the last of this injury.

I think the big advantage both had had is proper rest. Certainly with McCarthy rushing it back and playing through the pain barrier makes it worse. It sounds like they could have done that with Gbamin but took the conservative approach of just getting the issue resolved, which is certainly the better course of action in the long run.

I think the big advantage both had had is proper rest. Certainly with McCarthy rushing it back and playing through the pain barrier makes it worse. It sounds like they could have done that with Gbamin but took the conservative approach of just getting the issue resolved, which is certainly the better course of action in the long run.

...i suffered with hamstring problems and it got to a stage where I had to stop. The issue tends to be the scar tissue left by the tear.

Obviously things have moved on these days, but I think Gbamin will need to be ultra-professional and ensure extensive pre-match warm-up and stretches. i think it’s his kicking muscle (quad) that’s the issue and it’s hard for a footballer to protect that. Fingers crossed for him.

It would be great to see him back, IF the season restarts and IF he is ready. It is looking like we will be playing 2-3 games a week IF the season does come back, to try to get it finished in time, so I would imagine we will see most of the squad get some game time.

I think our comically bad midfield has coloured your memory here, mate. From what I remember he looked a bit off the pace at first and gradually grew into the game.

A decent home debut all in all but to see he commanded is a vast overstatement.
Yeah it was long day that to be fair. He did look the part though, definitely showed the sort of player he is and just what we needed (big, athletic, able to break lines).

There won't be any overseas friendlies leading in to season 20/21 so clubs will use the final games in season 19/20 as pre season friendlies apart from the clubs who are trying to avoid relegation or trying to get into the top four.
I think clubs would like to integrate new players into their squads for these games to prepare them for the following season.
If the season restarts it will only be of interest to see if Gbamin is back fit, if Gordon or any other young player is given some minutes on the field or if we have signed anybody who may or may not be eligible to play.

He has been on the pitch, but he hasn't played for us yet.
Our midfield has been shocking for a good while, I hope it works out for Everton and him once he gets playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.