Homepage Article Lukaku: “I owe Everton so much”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine a front two of Lukaku & Richarlison - goals everywhere.

Richy knows the score - and some think DCL is the better striker LOL DCL couldn't finish his dinner.

Think you're being harsh there lad, DCL has proved this season he's a very capable PL striker.

That said, I'd take a front 2 of Richarlison and Lukaku over a front 2 of Richarlison and DCL any day.

Anyone suggesting that he wasnt a fantastic bit of business is a bit daft.

We can argue the toss about how good or bad he was, or who Martinez really wanted, but the profit made was impressive.
His goal to game ratio is pretty impressive too. He wasn't a perfect player by any stretch of the the imagination, with the FA Cup Semi-Final a low point.

Nevertheless, he's been our best finisher in the last two decades. When you consider that with what we paid and how much we got back, he was brilliant.

Anyone suggesting that he wasnt a fantastic bit of business is a bit daft.

We can argue the toss about how good or bad he was, or who Martinez really wanted, but the profit made was impressive.

27m barely gets you a 1 in 5 forward these days.

We got a 1 in 2 forward and trebled our money.

Just disappointing we couldn't keep him. Tremendous goalscorer

27m barely gets you a 1 in 5 forward these days.

We got a 1 in 2 forward and trebled our money.

Just disappointing we couldn't keep him. Tremendous goalscorer

I still blame Moshiri for that - his final season we literally signed Gana, Bolasie and Ashley Williams with John Stones out the door.

The seasons that followed we spent £100+ million every window and have now got in Ancelotti.

Had we shown that sort of ambition at the start maybe he would have stuck around.

Status
Not open for further replies.