BBC Radio Merseyside - Greatest PL Team Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Staff member
Dunno if anyone is aware, but BBC Radio Merseyside is currently running a twitter poll to gauge Everton’s greatest PL side.

Currently up to CM.

So far it’s;

Southall
Baines
Distin
Jagielka
Coleman
Kanchelskis
Pienaar
Arteta (not confirmed but almost certainly)

I voted for Dave Watson as a CB I must be honest.

My money is on Cahill, Rooney and Lukaku taking the rest of the spots. Ferguson may get in ahead of Rooney though I suppose.
Ferguson is probably the worst footballer out of the three although that's not to say he wasn't a good player. However, I suspect he'll get in based on nostalgia.

For many fans who experienced the 90s, Ferguson is the cult hero whereas for me it's Kevin Campbell and he should be in or around the list. He won't though!

Ferguson is probably the worst footballer out of the three although that's not to say he wasn't a good player. However, I suspect he'll get in based on nostalgia.

Worst footballer or just not as good as the others for finishing regularly? Ferguson could play a bit, certainly more than Lukaku but Rom scored as many goals in a fraction of the time.

Campbell did save our bacon that one year, we looked down and out before he went on a run.

Hopefully no Osman.
I sat near a person who without fail would shot "You're s.... Osman lad!" whenever his name was announced. He could be MOTM and he'd still give him crap!

Worst footballer or just not as good as the others for finishing regularly? Ferguson could play a bit, certainly more than Lukaku but Rom scored as many goals in a fraction of the time.

Campbell did save our bacon that one year, we looked down and out before he went on a run.
I was thinking about a combination of their technicality and their impact. Ferguson was certainly a better footballer than Rom if you're talking pure technical ability.

In fact, Duncan could be a quite good with his feet, but Rom's goal scoring ability, movement and overall impact were much better or significant.

I'm surprised Cahill was never poached for a club at the top end of the league, and well Rooney went because he was a brilliant footballer.

Last edited:
Dunno if anyone is aware, but BBC Radio Merseyside is currently running a twitter poll to gauge Everton’s greatest PL side.

Currently up to CM.

So far it’s;

Southall
Baines
Distin
Jagielka
Coleman
Kanchelskis
Pienaar

I'd take Dave Watson over either Jags or Distin tbf, brilliant centre half Watson

Currently up to CM.

So far it’s;

Southall
Baines
Distin
Jagielka
Coleman
Kanchelskis
Pienaar

Parkinson Arteta center for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.