Poll: Complete the season at neutral venues behind closed doors

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I personally think the current season should be terminated it is obvious that doing so would harm clubs financially and it is understandable that they are searching for ways to mitigate that loss.
Moreover whether or not this season is completed behind closed doors it is evident that most ,if not all, of next season will be also played in similar conditions in front of empty stadiums.
Given that clubs in the lower divisions still rely on actual paying fans this is fast becoming a dire situation for our sport.
If matchgoing fans are to be excluded next season I would much prefer some form of alternative competition which included all the professional divisions and allowed them to share in the benefits of the PL and contribute to their struggle for survival.

If this goes ahead then TV money is obviously more important to clubs than ticket sales so we might as well cancel our season tickets next season

If this goes ahead then TV money is obviously more important to clubs than ticket sales so we might as well cancel our season tickets next season

Not sure we needed the current crisis to know this.

Season tickets sale still play some role in finances so not important. Just nowhere near as important as previously. Having a bigger ground with more expensive tickets and/or more corporate to help address, somewhat, the imbalance between TV money and gate receipts (unless we get CL then TV money will absolutely dwarf any ticket contributions).

While I personally think the current season should be terminated it is obvious that doing so would harm clubs financially and it is understandable that they are searching for ways to mitigate that loss.
Moreover whether or not this season is completed behind closed doors it is evident that most ,if not all, of next season will be also played in similar conditions in front of empty stadiums.
Given that clubs in the lower divisions still rely on actual paying fans this is fast becoming a dire situation for our sport.
If matchgoing fans are to be excluded next season I would much prefer some form of alternative competition which included all the professional divisions and allowed them to share in the benefits of the PL and contribute to their struggle for survival.

9 games left in my eyes wouldn't change a thing

9 games left in my eyes wouldn't change a thing
The potential loss of income from overseas broadcasters coupled with loss of ticket sales would be damaging to many clubs.
I am not necessarily advocating a restart merely understanding the need to somehow mitigate the potential damage to the sport.
Moreover clubs have to confront the difficulties and complexities of staging competitive football matches in the presence of a pandemic and the absence of supporters at some point in the coming months and somehow completing the current season may be needed to inform us how we may compete the forthcoming one.
Personally any game I am excluded from attending holds little interest at the moment.

Ah yes, the 60 minute, 5 sub, neutral venue behind closed door sport called "football".
I would still probably watch out of curiosity, but the thinly-veiled pretence is mind-boggling. Is there really anyone thick enough to fall for it.

Harry Rednapp just now.

"I have spoken with a few managers and players, and they have no appetite to start playing. Cant blame them, will they be any safer in 3 weeks time than they are now?"

Read between the lines and add common sense. There is no way this season is continuing.

I can understand them wanting to finish it, for the obscene financial implications and the fallout from the cultists. But both of those issues are nothing compared with mass loss of life.

The competition is already null and void the moment you move the goalposts. No fans, neutral venues, players won't want to tackle each other. Farce.

Status
Not open for further replies.