Who Is Your Favorite Everton Player of This Century

Who is it for you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went for Baines, although it was close between him and Cahill.

Special mentions for Gareth Barry and Idrissa Gueye who both aren't on that list. Were both brilliant for us and we missed them massively when they left.

Nah, first non white Captain, media and fan friendly and became an unofficial spokesperson for the fact that it was okay for non white players to sign for us.
So just because Amokachi didnt speak English and was never captain, means he never played for Everton, unbelievable logic, are you saying Amokachi service to Everton didnt count

So just because Amokachi didnt speak English and was never captain, means he never played for Everton, unbelievable logic, are you saying Amokachi service to Everton didnt count

Stop being an arse and twisting what I`m saying.

He got us to the FA Cup final and he was cracking lad, but he had no influence whats so ever in changing the perception of Everton as a racist club, neither did Earl Barrett.

Kevin Cambell did and he did it all off his own back.

Campbell was a recognised and respected black player within English football and had suffered racism whilst playing in Turkey, so the spotlight was well and truly on Everton with regards to racism when he signed.

For the record Amokachi spoke English fluently, what with English being the spoken language in Nigeria lol

I went for Leighton Baines, he was brilliant when at his best, he has stayed with us and he seems like a genuine guy. Coleman is much the same but I still think that leg break has affected him. Cahill was my second choice ahead of Coleman. Definitely thought Gareth Barry should have been on the list.

Stop being an arse and twisting what I`m saying.

He got us to the FA Cup final and he was cracking lad, but he had no influence whats so ever in changing the perception of Everton as a racist club, neither did Earl Barrett.

Kevin Cambell did and he did it all off his own back.

Campbell was a recognised and respected black player within English football and had suffered racism whilst playing in Turkey, so the spotlight was well and truly on Everton with regards to racism when he signed.

For the record Amokachi spoke English fluently, what with English being the spoken language in Nigeria lol
Probably not old enough to remember Cliff Marshall

There is absolutely no evidence that Everton were ever, or have been a racist club like you suggested

So you never went to a game in the 70`s and 80`s when the chants of " Everton are White " used to go up ???

I used to sit in the St End, the corner by the Lower / Upper Bullens and there was a small section in there who used to give Campbell dogs abuse about the colour of his skin, until they all got banned.

I heard Earl Barrett get similar quite a few times and who could forget the shameful John Barnes and the bananas episode.

Some of the racist stuff that went on, on the away day specials was toe curling too.

You`re in denial mate.

You also seem to be in a majority of one with your views too.

So you never went to a game in the 70`s and 80`s when the chants of " Everton are White " used to go up ???

I used to sit in the St End, the corner by the Lower / Upper Bullens and there was a small section in there who used to give Campbell dogs abuse about the colour of his skin, until they all got banned.

I heard Earl Barrett get similar quite a few times and who could forget the shameful John Barnes and the bananas episode.

Some of the racist stuff that went on, on the away day specials was toe curling too.

You`re in denial mate.

You also seem to be in a majority of one with your views too.
Just because a minority of fans have made rascist chants does not mean Everton as club were racist

Just because a minority of fans have made rascist chants does not mean Everton as club were racist

It deffo stopped black players signing for us though, or is that not enough evidence for you ?

What do you want mate, a photo of Bill dressed in a Klan outfit in front of a burning cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.