Who Is Your Favorite Everton Player of This Century

Who is it for you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooney breaking through made me more excited about watching football than I'd been since we won the fa cup. I don't think I've reached that level since to be honest
Rooney coming through was amazing but it’s left us all disappointed with what’s been brought through since... Barkley only decent one and he f*cked off

Can’t say Rooney as he wasn’t here long enough. Id say Cahill, like was amazing and loved the club that’s all we ask for, Baines and jagielka closely 2nd and 3rd

.....Cahill for me. All opposition feared him, he feared nobody. I always felt we had a chance because he delivered. Fantastic attitude.

Disappointed to see no Leon Osman, he’d certainly be a consideration ahead of others on the list as he was a terrific footballer for us over a long period of time.

Last edited:

Coleman for me with Baines a close second.
The fact that he was a bit crap when he first started playing but he just kept getting better and better was very endearing.
Total work rate and commitment, rapid pace, desire to go forward at all time, scoring some boss goals and losing his mind in the celebration, kept ups in the best Martinez game against Arsenal and his hilarious celebration at Old Trafford to Ovideo’s goal.

The emotion when he came back from the horror injury against Leicester and was still sprinting down the line in injury time was the best moment in that sorry season. It’s a shame he’s never got back to his peak but for a time I genuinely wouldn’t have swapped him for anyone in the league, same with Baines.

I went for Arteta. He was a huge upgrade on Graveson at the time, who kind of embodied the wrong kind of Everton icon, who was seen as wholehearted, but his skills were largely over-rated. Arteta was the opposite, and not only provided silky passing, but was a real threat with his set pieces and long range shooting.

The fact that we hold Andre Gomes in such high regard despite him not having anywhere near the impact Arteta had in that position underlines just how good he was for us for several years. It's been nearly 10 years since he left, and he's never really been replaced.

Regarding ability there is only one who stands out, really stands out, Rooney, not going into the ins and outs of him leaving, he wasn’t here long enough of course but in ability he was miles ahead of anyone else who played this century.

For consistency and for being part of the best partnership this century, Baines. But favourite as in just loved watching him, then it was the Yak!

Baines.

The only one of the popular names mentioned so far who was ever truly "too good for Everton" and yet stayed, while remaining utterly professional and the only one who I don't doubt at all is a genuine Evertonian.

Has more talent in his little finger than Cahill and is twice the man Arteta is. Still playing well when called upon at 35, while positively influencing and guiding the young players. Never unnecessarily sought the limelight on the pitch or to score brownie points with the fans, but was frighteningly consistent in his excellent performance levels over years and years and arguably, when paired with Pienaar, both the most effective and most enjoyable to player watch we've seen this century.

Slightly debatable taste in music notwithstanding, he is and always will be both the soundest and indeed the naughtiest left back around town.

Status
Not open for further replies.