Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
A post a saw on Twitter last night posted a picture of the Victoria tube line as rammed as usual and some absolute Tory slating them for not self-isolating - not even considering that for most, it’s a decision between getting sick or losing their jobs. The health hysteria whipped up by the media is undeniable, but the actual economic consequences may be even further than expected- I am VERY worried about the highstreet (it was on its arse anyway), jobs, the homeless, charities, especially footbanks, vulnerable kids who won’t have 8 hours of safety in school or a hot meal for a long time now, young mums and dads, the absolute HEROES at the NHS, the list literally could go on for an entire Pages
Suddenly, football doesn’t seem so important anymore...

It is not. A big problem about jobs but firms should be reminded who makes the money for shareholders. Cut back on dividends, hugs salaries and bonuses of bosses and wages. As the high street the government is introducing measures to help, like no business rates, and other monetary support but it cannot be done overnight. What does corbyn expect? Ciivil Servants walking round with £100 in envelopes to hand out.

The whole virus scare is unprecedented, we are not the only country facing these problems and trying to get through. Italy for example has now over 3500 deaths.

A post a saw on Twitter last night posted a picture of the Victoria tube line as rammed as usual and some absolute Tory slating them for not self-isolating - not even considering that for most, it’s a decision between getting sick or losing their jobs. The health hysteria whipped up by the media is undeniable, but the actual economic consequences may be even further than expected- I am VERY worried about the highstreet (it was on its arse anyway), jobs, the homeless, charities, especially footbanks, vulnerable kids who won’t have 8 hours of safety in school or a hot meal for a long time now, young mums and dads, the absolute HEROES at the NHS, the list literally could go on for an entire Pages
Suddenly, football doesn’t seem so important anymore...
It isn't health hysteria , it is health warning.
The reality is that jobs will be lost and the economy will be badly affected. This pales into insignificance with the threat of loss of life.

Strong government is required and hard decisions need to be made, something the British government does not seem to be good at.
Schools , colleges, pubs and restaurants need to be closed down immediately.
Social isolation needs to be adopted to halt the spread of the virus but it doesn't seem to me that that message is being put out nearly strong enough.

Last Tuesday was St. Patricks day. In Ireland it is traditionally a day of eating but more especially drinking with pubs and restaurants full around the country.
Last Tuesday all the pubs and restaurants were shut. It is estimated that approx. 400,000 people lost their jobs in the space of about 7 days in a country with a population of about 5 million.
These are the drastic measures that need to be looked and in Ireland they are looking at measures to go well beyond that.

I am amazed that the advice the British Government is heeding is totally at odds with the rest of Europe and WHO.
Advising people not to go to pubs ,restaurants etc
Just shut them down
Loads of high street shops have closed in Dublin because
A They cannot guarantee social distancing
B People are not buying summer fashion because there are more important considerations when you have no job
Ireland I think are on the verge of the next stage which is lockdown because the worst is yet to come
Britain is literally just washing its hands of the problem

The thing that is pissing me off the most about this thing is that Joey66 is goingt to be self-isolating and consequently posting more.
I remember him telling someone on Kipper that he knows more about football than most because he's older, the adorable moron.

@orly

I am amazed that the advice the British Government is heeding is totally at odds with the rest of Europe and WHO.
Advising people not to go to pubs ,restaurants etc
Just shut them down
Loads of high street shops have closed in Dublin because
A They cannot guarantee social distancing
B People are not buying summer fashion because there are more important considerations when you have no job
Ireland I think are on the verge of the next stage which is lockdown because the worst is yet to come
Britain is literally just washing its hands of the problem

I was on the M50 in rush hour this morning, it was like Sunday morning traffic, very quiet.

The government here are doing a good job imo. I can't believe the attitude of the UK government, its staggering that pubs and restaurants are still open.

These people along with restaurant and pub owners who haven't closed voluntarily will be responsible for thousands of lost lives.

It is not. A big problem about jobs but firms should be reminded who makes the money for shareholders. Cut back on dividends, hugs salaries and bonuses of bosses and wages. As the high street the government is introducing measures to help, like no business rates, and other monetary support but it cannot be done overnight. What does corbyn expect? Ciivil Servants walking round with £100 in envelopes to hand out.

The whole virus scare is unprecedented, we are not the only country facing these problems and trying to get through. Italy for example has now over 3500 deaths.

Definitely need to cut back on this!!

The thing is.

Is the players aren't playing and self isolating then there is no real need for a ore season of sorts.

Pre season is following time off for the players right? So if they spend 3 months off and lightly training then finishing the season at possibly 2 games a week means the gap (combined with winter break ) won't affect them as much as going from a 9 month season into another.

So there is leeway to finish the season if you push the start of the next one back a month. Gives them time still to go on holiday even , scenario depending.

The thing is.

Is the players aren't playing and self isolating then there is no real need for a ore season of sorts.

Pre season is following time off for the players right? So if they spend 3 months off and lightly training then finishing the season at possibly 2 games a week means the gap (combined with winter break ) won't affect them as much as going from a 9 month season into another.

So there is leeway to finish the season if you push the start of the next one back a month. Gives them time still to go on holiday even , scenario depending.

So the rest of the season would basically be pre-season? Interesting. Wouldn't like to be trying to survive relegation in pre-season when none of our players are fit.

The thing is.

We will fall in with what the rest of Europe does.
I know some countries are different but I see no point in getting ourselves out of sync with the rest.

Anyone else want to come on and smugly say how great it is in their country and how everyone in the UK's going to die? It's such a helpful and thoughtful thing to do at the moment, please keep it up.

Who is to say which country is doping the right thing. Italy, France and Germany are worse off.

Status
Not open for further replies.