Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I would love the season to be shut down permanently, the likely action is a 2-4 week suspension like in other countries... This season will be played out to at least a point where Liverpool will be declared champions...
Can see Euro 2020 being postponed till 2021, and all domestic leagues and Champions league games being completed over this summer...
Premier league will want to play this weekends games in the hope results go Liverpool's way (dodgy decisions galore)...

I find it hard to believe the suspensions in Italy and Spain will be lifted.

Here's what will happen, the champions league and Europa league, cancelled, Liverpool are not in them.:)

FA Cup and League cup, cancelled, Liverpool are not in them :)

Premier league, err, we will play that until it's conclusion.
Liverpool are going to win that.:hayee:

Here's what will happen, the champions league and Europa league, cancelled, Liverpool are not in them.:)

FA Cup and League cup, cancelled, Liverpool are not in them :)

Premier league, err, we will play that until it's conclusion.
Liverpool are going to win that.:hayee:

(n)

So is it up to the FA or something to postpone the games themselves or does it have to come from government, surely if teams start losing key players through self isolation for 14 days then they'd want to call it off
Has money got something to do with it I wonder? If the Government make the call to cancel or suspend matches perhaps the Premier League (having not made the decision themselves) can claim compensation? Certainly if they call off the season. I don't know.
But if the premier league or club make that decision, it's they who have done it.
My elderly mum is recovering from a major operation (out of hospital and at home thankfully). No way do I or her grandsons want to catch it and pass it on to her. So, got a real dilemna about going to the match on monday night. Government saying there's little chance of passing things on at such gatherings. Only from those around the area you sit etc etc. Maybe so, but then why are other countries, clubs and Football associations postponing fixtures? I'm not getting the stance the UK are taking.

It's all daft.

UK leagues are the only ones not to postpone or have games behind closed doors.

Champions League games have been postponed yet Wolves are playing Olympiakos - a reason why the City Arsenal game was cancelled off was due to Arsenal playing Olympiakos previously - still goes ahead.

Couple of Leicester City players have self isolated yet the club have said they're not testing them for the virus.

Me thinks ££££££ is calling the shots here.

Has money got something to do with it I wonder? If the Government make the call to cancel or suspend matches perhaps the Premier League (having not made the decision themselves) can claim compensation? Certainly if they call off the season. I don't know.
But if the premier league or club make that decision, it's they who have done it.
My elderly mum is recovering from a major operation (out of hospital and at home thankfully). No way do I or her grandsons want to catch it and pass it on to her. So, got a real dilemna about going to the match on monday night. Government saying there's little chance of passing things on at such gatherings. Only from those around the area you sit etc etc. Maybe so, but then why are other countries, clubs and Football associations postponing fixtures? I'm not getting the stance the UK are taking.

Very hard Mate, whose to say those near you are clear of germs? Me thinking of family I would play safe forget the game, watch it on a sport channel if you can or on a computer stream

Very hard Mate, whose to say those near you are clear of germs? Me thinking of family I would play safe forget the game, watch it on a sport channel if you can or on a computer stream
This is what I'm thinking. Haven't missed a Goodison Derby since I first went to one (1973). But.....there's always first I suppose. Late decision I feel.

UK leagues are the only ones not to postpone or have games behind closed doors.
The Tyrolean state government just announced that all ski resorts will close at end of business on Sunday and all accommodation on Monday, which if you have any idea how economically important tourism is to the region and what place skiing has in the Tyrol gives an idea of how seriously it is being treated here...

EFL are going ahead with games and note that they're following government advice.

Again, nothing from the Prem though I suspect they may be waiting for the results of the Leicester tests which are scheduled to comeback tomorrow.

I find it hard to believe the suspensions in Italy and Spain will be lifted.

Possibly not, but the Premier league is different....

La liga is between Barca and Real, Juve are top of Seria A, with lazio challenging...nothing there is out of the ordinary or gonna change the product, its the same s**t every season..

Liverpool finally winning the Prem league is a machine to print money...everyone only interested in the Premier league as a business want Liverpool to win the league... It's a huge deal....
So for that reason, money, the Premier league will carry on until they lift the trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.