Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the lower divisions the FA should step in and assist for this season instead of giving millions to the likes of the top 6 PL clubs who are rich enough.

It’s not just like flu
For the flu you can get a vaccine
This will hit the elderly and those with underlying medical conditions hard
It will make no difference how often they wash their hands
America has just banned the vast majority of flights from Europe
Finally Trump is taking it seriously

It is a flu strain
Let’s not get all end of the world here

It affects the vulnerable and people with underlying issues, this in its self is the concern. The rate of infection is just mad, and this will sadly mean we will see deaths as the NHS will struggle to cope.

My concern is for the elderly and vulnerable, as they will not have the services in place to stand a fighting chance

Let’s hope a hot summer will slow this down and a vaccine can be sought out

In the Republic of Ireland
All the schools nurseries, colleges , to be closed from 6pm tonight and advise all indoor mass gatherings of 100+ people and aoutdoor mass gatherings of 500+ should be cancelled
Us next hopefully

It is a flu strain

It affects the vulnerable and people with underlying issues, this in its self is the concern. The rate of infection is just mad, and this will sadly mean we will see deaths as the NHS will struggle to cope.

My concern is for the elderly and vulnerable, as they will not have the services in place to stand a fighting chance

Be thank ful you have an NHS plenty of nations do not, Look at Italy, with France and Germany not far behind.

Should and hopefully will. Care home needs to be monitored especially, schools school, I understand the economic side of things but to me keeping people alive is more important than money.

Too simplistic a view - whos paying thousands of people's mortgages and rent who cant work from home?

Who's minding the kids if schools are closed? Cant be elderly relatives as if the kids have it then its passed on.

Are flights being banned to and from countries?

Are people allowed to stand in ques in Aldi/Tesco/Asda etc doing their food shop? What food supply will there be if no bugger is working in the production/travel of the supply?

Whats going to happen if businesses close / homes are repossessed - the strain on social services/welfare/housing/YMCA's/shelters

More people on the streets = less hygeine

Simply put lock down works for a small period of time and if the virus is still spreading (as it will do) and no vaccine is found - I dread to think how many on here will get by unless they are boomers or can work from home in secure employment.

Too simplistic a view - whos paying thousands of people's mortgages and rent who cant work from home?

Who's minding the kids if schools are closed? Cant be elderly relatives as if the kids have it then its passed on.

Are flights being banned to and from countries?

Are people allowed to stand in ques in Aldi/Tesco/Asda etc doing their food shop? What food supply will there be if no bugger is working in the production/travel of the supply?

Whats going to happen if businesses close / homes are repossessed - the strain on social services/welfare/housing/YMCA's/shelters

More people on the streets = less hygeine

Simply put lock down works for a small period of time and if the virus is still spreading (as it will do) and no vaccine is found - I dread to think how many on here will get by unless they are boomers or can work from home in secure employment.

I can work from home, so I'm alright Jack. ;)

I can work from home, so I'm alright Jack. ;)

This is the thing - they'll be alot of people who will be left in ruin should the Government get it wrong and its down to essentially a strain of flu as infectious as it is.

Im all for a short term lockdown but they have to be very careful with how they do it as it could cause massive social problems.

It is a flu strain

No, it is not a flu strain.

Status
Not open for further replies.