Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd think we would see what's happening there and act now but instead we will wait another week or two until the death toll hits a few hundred, crazy carelessness from the government

There's a good reason for the delay.

They need to act at the right time for the spread in this country, not how it is in Italy etc.

It can't be stopped, it can be slowed. You need to put the social distancing measure in at the right time, not too soon and not too late.

You'd think we would see what's happening there and act now but instead we will wait another week or two until the death toll hits a few hundred, crazy carelessness from the government
'crazy carelessness' is a government minister leaving his briefcase in a taxi; what we're seeing here is lack of leadership on a monumental scale.

The cultists in Number 10 who want to avoid fully involving the population in fighting this virus are condemning thousands to their deaths.

These (in)actions will go down in history. The failure of our government RIGHT NOW has already cost us.

It's gonna be an issue that's felt hard in football. Can't see seria a being completed this season.

Gutted as I have booked to go to fiorentina Vs Torino and Parma Vs AC Milan in April, but the health of the Italian's is far more important than my trip. Given our government's stance our figures are gonna get a lot worse over next few weeks, despite our climate being the ultimate breeding point for many similar type of viruses. Can't see the league being affected too much, as capitalism is king and the games will be played even if behind closed doors. The TV revenue will dictate that.

I can see disruption to the Euros as well. I've also got two match tickets for that! I'm a jinx. Even getting the playoffs done will be next to impossible. Scotland are playing Israel for example. Israel have just put a 14 day quarantine in place. It'll last for weeks if not months. It's gonna have major ramifications on the European club trophies this season.

Have been using this for weeks now, I am safe

The Olympics could be under threat too. Pity I love the Olympics it's one of the great human traditions.

It will all be behind closed doors I think after this weekends games...
They will have no choice as by then the virus will of spread here but just as importantly across Europe
We appear a week or two behind parts of Europe, so this weekend will be the perfect time

'crazy carelessness' is a government minister leaving his briefcase in a taxi; what we're seeing here is lack of leadership on a monumental scale.

The cultists in Number 10 who want to avoid fully involving the population in fighting this virus are condemning thousands to their deaths.

These (in)actions will go down in history. The failure of our government RIGHT NOW has already cost us.

They’re waiting until it’s been mathematically confirmed that Big Red are champions so they don’t get the lunatics rioting and burning down the Houses of Parliament for having the audacity to put human lives before the success of Liverpool FC.

They’re waiting until it’s been mathematically confirmed that Big Red are champions so they don’t get the lunatics rioting and burning down the Houses of Parliament for having the audacity to put human lives before the success of Liverpool FC.
Joking aside, I would not be surprised if that club have been demanding that any decision to play football behind closed doors is put off until after they win the title.

They are a scab club.

Status
Not open for further replies.