Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
he has had 4 years and perform 2 or 3 times a season
Never once had a MOTM game or close to it
First I don't think that's true. Even this year I remember him being brilliant against West Ham.

Second he is still just 21, he was fast tracked to being a regular first team player before he probably should have been for various reasons, he's had 4 permanent managers plus Dunc and Unsworth's temporary spell and his role has shifted and never properly played to his strengths. So there's a lot of things in play that might not simply be he isn't good enough.

And honestly if you're asking me today I think I'd say he doesn't ever make it for us, but I'm not going to say sell him this summer because I don't think he's the finished article yet.

The Gabriel talk is interesting...£30mil is a decent fee for a left footed (soon to become) Brazilian international.

The biggest question i see is still going to be at right back...we need a solid base for Ancelotti to build from and that surely means a top right back with Kenny as cover.

I would rather have Delph ,and that's saying a lot
First I don't think that's true. Even this year I remember him being brilliant against West Ham.

Second he is still just 21, he was fast tracked to being a regular first team player before he probably should have been for various reasons, he's had 4 permanent managers plus Dunc and Unsworth's temporary spell and his role has shifted and never properly played to his strengths. So there's a lot of things in play that might not simply be he isn't good enough.

And honestly if you're asking me today I think I'd say he doesn't ever make it for us, but I'm not going to say sell him this summer because I don't think he's the finished article yet.

We could have sold DCL and Holgate...this season theyre looking much better players.

Davies may also sparkle in 12 months time or even 2 seasons...hes only 21.

Delph is just an awful signing all round.

The Gabriel talk is interesting...£30mil is a decent fee for a left footed (soon to become) Brazilian international.

The biggest question i see is still going to be at right back...we need a solid base for Ancelotti to build from and that surely means a top right back with Kenny as cover.

You havent watched Kenny, if you had you wouldnt be talking about him.

Surely its quite clear that we have the following options:

A: Sign players similar in age/profile to Delph who are 'affordable'

B: Sign young u21 players with world class potential like Richarlison or Kean

C: Sign u25 players with top potential for big money which we havent done so far i think...

D: Sign players in their prime for record fees the sigurdsson option

E: Sign random players and hope they magically become world class like Kante for leicester

Or a mixture...

I would say that the game thesedays really punishes teams with no pace which older players can lose overnight....

We were just schooled by an 18 year old and a 21 year old playing with Barkley...

Camavinga at Rennes just turned 17 and is a world class prospect performing well in the league, statistically better than Nzonzi who alot of posters wanted.

I would hope we go for one player like that (the kean option) and also Tonali (the Richarlison option).

Weve then got Gomes, Gbamin, Tonali, Camavinga, Davies which is a nice mix...that midfield would only improve...
But the Kean option as you mentioned leads to people questioning why a lad isn't performing. That's how mad some of our fanbase are.

Yeah and all 3 took 4 years to become players.

Carlo doesnt have 4 years to waste here.
Sure but it doesn't mean there's no room to continue doing that.

And fwiw Richarlison was ready to go from day 1. I mean he played that friendly against Rennes and looked like the only one who had ever played football before. More of those types exist as well. The CB Gabriel might be one.

Sure but it doesn't mean there's no room to continue doing that.

And fwiw Richarlison was ready to go from day 1. I mean he played that friendly against Rennes and looked like the only one who had ever played football before. More of those types exist as well. The CB Gabriel might be one.

Im not against signing a few of them.

It shouldn't be all our signings that I agree with.

What I'm really against is signing anyone who won't be useful in 2 years as I really do think that's the timeframe for any kind of CL push.

I was all for Zlatan, cos Zlatan, but yeah I wouldnt be interested in the Mertens and Willians of this world.

Fantastic players, but 2 players who will have zero hunger to pull their tripe out at Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.