Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the gaffer when he says we'll be bringing in 3-4 players. We'll be spending with FFP and stadium considerations in mind. 3-4 well scouted players and fit for purpose is a great start.

As long as the '2 or 3' players in the summer are a.) top quality additions to our problem areas, and b.) posseses leadership qualities enough to galvanise the rest of the team, then that may be the catalyst we need. Look at the difference that Bruno Fernandes has made to United so far, for instance.

Extremely tall order that though..

Our major problem yesterday was the middle of the pitch: we didn't make any tackles nor did we try and disrupt Chelsea's shape by trying to beat a man. So we couldn't stop the flow of Chelsea nor could we create anything ourselves.

Problem is, and it has to be a criticism of Brands and Silva, how did we come into the season with so few varied options.

We don't even have a kid we can throw in like Chelsea have.

Thankfully, few teams in the league have the energy that Chelsea had in midfield yesterday.

As long as the '2 or 3' players in the summer are a.) top quality additions to our problem areas, and b.) posseses leadership qualities enough to galvanise the rest of the team, then that may be the catalyst we need. Look at the difference that Bruno Fernandes has made to United so far, for instance.

Extremely tall order that though..
Yeah that’s about the sum of it. Two great players could carry us to the top 4, but if they’re not great players we need at least 4, maybe more. With our recent recruitment record, I have little faith in our ability to find 2 stars.

Our major problem yesterday was the middle of the pitch: we didn't make any tackles nor did we try and disrupt Chelsea's shape by trying to beat a man. So we couldn't stop the flow of Chelsea nor could we create anything ourselves.

Problem is, and it has to be a criticism of Brands and Silva, how did we come into the season with so few varied options.

We don't even have a kid we can throw in like Chelsea have.

Thankfully, few teams in the league have the energy that Chelsea had in midfield yesterday.
To a man that was Chelsea’s second choice midfield yesterday
Kante , Jorghino and Kovacic go straight back on when fit
I’d put on a cheeky bid for Ampadu next summer , but I’d say Lampard sees him as Kane’s successor

I’d put on a cheeky bid for Ampadu next summer , but I’d say Lampard sees him as Kane’s successor
We need some hunger. What has Ampadu ever done to suggest he's our man in that regard? He'll be on a boat of money already.

I'd much rather we look at someone like Lewis Cook at Bournemouth. Gets about the pitch, loves a tackle and is positive in possession. He'd see us as a step up and would come with something to prove.

We need some hunger. What has Ampadu ever done to suggest he's our man in that regard? He'll be on a boat of money already.

I'd much rather we look at someone like Lewis Cook at Bournemouth. Gets about the pitch, loves a tackle and is positive in possession. He'd see us as a step up and would come with something to prove.
Ampadu at present is not getting anywhere near Chelsea’s first 11
He is 20 in September and is probably looking at Mount and Gilmore getting games while he is not
I doubt very much he is on a boat of money as you say
If he wants to progress and further his international career he will know he needs to prove himself in the PL
I doubt he will get that Chance at Chelsea
The few times I’ve seen him he has stood out as a talent

Ancelotti says we need 3 or 4. I’m certain we will need a few more than that. We don’t just need players with talent ( that goes without saying), we need leaders, players that really hate to lose, not just say so in post game interviews. We need players with pride!

Unless Ancelotti wants us to change tactic and do what Liverpool done recently and sign 3-4 £40-50 million players of a higher quality rather than 6-7 £20-30 million players.

Hypothetically if we keep Richarlison, Holgate, Digne, Gomes & Pickford but add 4 top class players in positions around them then we can challenge the top 6 then the following season bring in a further 2-3 top quality and challenge the top 4.

Ampadu at present is not getting anywhere near Chelsea’s first 11
He is 20 in September and is probably looking at Mount and Gilmore getting games while he is not
I doubt very much he is on a boat of money as you say
If he wants to progress and further his international career he will know he needs to prove himself in the PL
I doubt he will get that Chance at Chelsea
The few times I’ve seen him he has stood out as a talent

Ive posted about both players in the past but...

Ampadu isnt getting games at Leipzig, when ive seen him hes looked potentially amazing for the defensive midfield position but...

Also Cook has come off a really bad injury, who knows how he will be if he suffers another...similar to Gbamin.

The Chelsea trio of Barkley, Mount and Gilmore were always looking to play progressive football...all able to move the ball with either foot and bring the ball forward.

When you look at every single one of our midfielders and wide players, perhaps the only one we could slot into that category is Gomes....hes also very one paced...we dont know about Gbamin yet.

In my opinion we need two central midfielders of the same profile as the Chelsea players.

We will also need a goalscoring right winger and a top right back.

For central defence...we also need one or two so we dont need to see Keane again.

I think Ancelotti has been rotating alot to see each player in detail and so far weve looked very good and then had a massive eye opener...

Lets see if it was a blip...

i know Gareth Barry was such a terrible signing wasn’t it.

we have enough youth, we need people who are ready now, Brands business plan I believe will be slightly different this window.

The black and white rule won’t apply to age, it will be what they can offer now, and over the length of their contract.

No one over 25, stop being silly!
Gareth Barry did well for us but it also didn't win us anything. We need to build a core which takes time which means we need to sign players who aren't going to be falling off after 2 years.

Gareth Barry did well for us but it also didn't win us anything. We need to build a core which takes time which means we need to sign players who aren't going to be falling off after 2 years.
Winning things isn't the barometer for a good player at our club. You can be a boss slotter like Lukaku and still never win a bean. Hence why they all move on.

Barry was an absolutely brilliant signing.

CC: @Saint Domingo

Winning things isn't the barometer for a good player at our club. You can be a boss slotter like Lukaku and still never win a bean. Hence why they all move on.

Barry was an absolutely brilliant signing.

CC: @Saint Domingo
But if we want to win things we need to adopt a policy that might actually make that happen. Signing a bunch of 30 year olds even if they're brilliant for a year or two like Barry was won't be that policy.

The person that we go for in midfield cant be an up and coming midfielder etc.
It needs to be someone who comes in and is automatically our best player, as someone said like the impact Fernandes has had on Utd
Names banded like Cook & Ampadu just wouldnt come in and be that, they would slip into our sea of midfielders not good enough.

If we could get a midfielder like that, along with Gomes, hopefully Gbamin & maybe even someone like Chalobah at Watford our midfield would look alright.

Right back & Right midfield too, and im guessing we probably wont be able to spend much more due to FFP, especially with the Tosun news we wont be getting any money for him in the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.