2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
....it’s clear the penny has dropped and he knows defenders find it difficult to cope with his sheer athleticism. His first touch is usually very good, so there’s talent there.

i suspect he’ll always be the type you ’hope’ converts a chance as opposed to ‘expecting’ him to convert a chance. Regardless, we might have unearthed a bit of a gem.
Good? It's often bloody fantastic. If a ball is put forward in the air, you pretty much now expect him to get there first, win the ball and lay it off / control it.

If the ball is played along the deck, he has a real knack of stopping the ball (almost) dead, laying it off or controlling the ball for his own benefit.

Like you also mention, he regularly out-muscles and manoeuvres defenders with his strength and agility, which means that he is starting to really threaten teams.

The goals are coming too, so if he can really harness his finishing then I think we've got a regular ten to fifteen goals a season forward, if not more.

Good? It's often bloody fantastic. If a ball is put forward in the air, you pretty much now expect him to get there first, win the ball and lay it off / control it.

If the ball is played along the deck, he has a real knack of stopping the ball (almost) dead, laying it off or controlling the ball for his own benefit.

Like you also mention, he regularly out-muscles and manoeuvres defenders with his strength and agility, which means that he is starting to really threaten teams.

The goals are coming too, so if he can really harness his finishing then I think we've got a regular ten to fifteen goals a season forward, if not more.

More.

He absolutely gave it to Maguire today.

This kid is going to fill out more and become even stronger. In three years time, he will be unplayable. Think peak Big Duncan Ferguson but with better control and real pace.

They were absolutely raving about him on the telly here today.

The job Carlo and Duncan have done with him has been absolute top class.

Unfortunately for us, going to be called up for England.

Since Silva got canned he's been arguably the best striker in the league. We are up to 3 months of that performance level. It is getting close to the point where he's just a top player. Carry on Dom.

....it’s clear the penny has dropped and he knows defenders find it difficult to cope with his sheer athleticism. His first touch is usually very good, so there’s talent there.

i suspect he’ll always be the type you ’hope’ converts a chance as opposed to ‘expecting’ him to convert a chance. Regardless, we might have unearthed a bit of a gem.

Totally agree Eggs his height, pace and strength are valuable against most defenders.

Only issue today was when he was dribbling at defenders, won a corner at one point but he's no Richarlison in that avenue.

A terrific performance today and he's looking a really decent player.

Every week I'm expecting DCL or Richie to score just like the old days with Lineker, Inchy and Sharpy and Big Bob.

DCL is going to get better and better in the next couple of seasons - Things are on the up

Dominic Calvert-Lewin had a cracking game against Man Utd but, although he has improved greatly in this area, he still needs to be far more clinical with his finishing.

If you set shots vs goals for him, all the strikers who have scored more than him this season and those who have scored 10 or more, he's in the top 3rd. There's only really Aguero and Vardy are head and shoulders above him.

Since Silva got canned he's been arguably the best striker in the league. We are up to 3 months of that performance level. It is getting close to the point where he's just a top player. Carry on Dom.
I think he’s top scorer in the league since Boxing Day

Status
Not open for further replies.