Everton Youth Teams Thread

met some folks today that play fantasy football and the one had Lundstram in her side..obviously told her his roots and got me thinking about the team then and my total belief Ledson would be the next big thing.. (mental note to check up on him and Liam Walsh)

those days we had 16 year old often playing in u21s... just don’t seem to see the age step up

really was a brilliant young team that and is a constant reminder to me these days about getting excited prematurely... most are having a very decent career from that lot

Walsh is having a great spell on loan at Coventry, they've been on a great run to joint top of the table since he became a regular.
Ledson spending most of his time on Prestons bench last time I checked

Walsh is having a great spell on loan at Coventry, they've been on a great run to joint top of the table since he became a regular.
Ledson spending most of his time on Prestons bench last time I checked

Yeah just saw that for Walsh... very happy for the lad.. seems to have kicked on this season.. hope they close out promotion.. would be a great boost for him... considering i was a massive Walsh fan and couldn’t understand why he wasn’t given a run for us hopefully start of good things

Lesson and Walsh had ambition and didn’t want to waste time in the U21/23’s, Liam has had a few injuries which kept him back, couldn’t believe it when they sold him to Bristol City, although we got a decent fee ( £2M ?) and possibly % of any future transfer fee, I thought he would have had a good career with Everton, he’s still young enough to get into the top flight, he has plenty of skill, bottle and the will to win in him.

Tall and thin in the Onyango build but not as tall. He’s come off the bench at U18 before but this was his first start. From Tait‘s comments and the make up of the midfield I’m assuming he played on the right of three attackers, Dobbin left , Cannon centre.
The other intriguing person who was on the bench was the cannily named Thierry Small, first time hes appeared at u18 I think, he was part of the England set up at one time,but haven’t seen his there name recently. Hope he got on .

I believe Thierry Small plays left back. I could be wrong but Isaac Small is meant to even more highly thought of, not sure if they are twins?

Edit it might be Isaac price.

It looks like the Everton u18s game v man utd u18s at finch farm on saturday wont take place, as its just been said in last few hours that man utd u18s will play wigan u18s friday night in the FA Youth Cup-if thats right it means Everton u18s next game will be away to Liverpool in 3 weeks time

I believe Thierry Small plays left back. I could be wrong but Isaac Small is meant to even more highly thought of, not sure if they are twins?

Edit it might be Isaac price.
Yeah , it looks like you’re right in that he came on for Lowey yesterday who is normally left back - the only teams I’ve seen Small in he was listed in midfield.
I remember Isaac Price coming into the u18 s last Autumn , not seen much of him since. Another who once playedin England’s u15/16 with Dobbin and Harry Hagan.
Im losing track of the number and names of all the Schoolboys we’ve blooded this season, as we as yesterday’s lot and Price there‘s Charlie Whitaker and I think about two or three more. I’ll try and post separately some time and people can add any missing ones.

Lesson and Walsh had ambition and didn’t want to waste time in the U21/23’s, Liam has had a few injuries which kept him back, couldn’t believe it when they sold him to Bristol City, although we got a decent fee ( £2M ?) and possibly % of any future transfer fee, I thought he would have had a good career with Everton, he’s still young enough to get into the top flight, he has plenty of skill, bottle and the will to win in him.
Walsh is out of contract at end of season. When you think of the waste of money on players like Schneiderlin ( will cost £45m by the end of his contract with transfer fee and wages of £100k per week for 5 years). We could do a lot worse than bringing Walsh back on a free. Imagine how much more he would have given than Sigurdsson's limp performance against Arsenal.

Walsh is out of contract at end of season. When you think of the waste of money on players like Schneiderlin ( will cost £45m by the end of his contract with transfer fee and wages of £100k per week for 5 years). We could do a lot worse than bringing Walsh back on a free. Imagine how much more he would have given than Sigurdsson's limp performance against Arsenal.
I can imagine this is the exact conversation Klippety has with FSG once a week

I would love to see Liam back here, I’ve never lost faith in him, but unless he has turned twenty four we would have to pay money for him, personally I’d still take a gamble.

I would love to see Liam back here, I’ve never lost faith in him, but unless he has turned twenty four we would have to pay money for him, personally I’d still take a gamble.
Sorry mate I can’t see it. I haven’t seen Walsh lately but his record says he hasn’t made it in the Championship , and at 22 he’s doing well in League 1 , so he’s comparable to Nathan Broadhead and Callum Connolly who have also done well there, both of whom I like but don’t believe they are good enough for our squad. Connolly has been a huge favourite of mine for probably 5 years , so I hope he and the other two make it elsewhere.

It’s a harsh world but if we are ever going to start winning trophies we need youngsters coming in who have the potential to make our 1st team. For me its a % game , get the best youngsters in we can knowing that only a small % will make it with us, and we can’t let sentiment take us back to clogging up our teams with youngsters who ‘s % chance of making it are too low.