Everton Youth Teams Thread

Prior to Monday spot on, Monday he done everything you'd want from a striker and more. Question is csn he do what he done on Monday game in game out until the end of the season. Showed real promising signs Monday that he's improving big parts of his game

Yeh not writing him off I just hope he grows into his body and learns how to use it like Dom is learning. He’s a big lad but he has no real presence for me.

Haha I think Tammy is a good finisher. Anyway, rather have Simms in the academy than not have him but I’m not quite on the same hype train everyone else is.
Well I wouldn't call it a hype train , just about everybody recognises how far he has to go . I know you said you missed the 2nd half of Monday’s game, he’s showing a lot more now, and if you get chance scoot quickly through the Plymouth game posted on here for his contributions . I’m pleasantly impressed with his development this season in a number of areas, all beit other areas require work.

Well I wouldn't call it a hype train , just about everybody recognises how far he has to go . I know you said you missed the 2nd half of Monday’s game, he’s showing a lot more now, and if you get chance scoot quickly through the Plymouth game posted on here for his contributions . I’m pleasantly impressed with his development this season in a number of areas, all beit other areas require work.

Yeh I’ve watched the second half back now.

Get in simms,the winner in injury time mins after Virginia made big save
Simms would certainly benefit from having another man up front with him, DCL will vouch for that, it's sad to see a really good young player basically left to fend for himself.
Virginia worries me, he can make the spectacular save but he is very much accident prone. His distribution is embarrassing at times both throwing and kicking. Based on this display the lad has a long way to go before he can be worth a place on the bench.

Simms would certainly benefit from having another man up front with him, DCL will vouch for that, it's sad to see a really good young player basically left to fend for himself.
Virginia worries me, he can make the spectacular save but he is very much accident prone. His distribution is embarrassing at times both throwing and kicking. Based on this display the lad has a long way to go before he can be worth a place on the bench.

Didnt virginia have a very good season last year in the u23s?

Didnt virginia have a very good season last year in the u23s?
He's like the proverbial curates egg, good in parts. He went on loan to Reading and was dropped after two games due to howlers he'd committed and after that he never played in their first team again. He is definitely one of the players who should buck up or buck off as he's not up to the level necessary to pressure Pickford, that in itself condemns him.

Yeh not writing him off I just hope he grows into his body and learns how to use it like Dom is learning. He’s a big lad but he has no real presence for me.

Obviously I want him to be as good as Rooney, or Haaland is, but not every player develops that quickly.
DCL has made incremental improvement every season, and is proving to be a reliable striker. Not explosive, but certainly good enough to play for our 1st team.

Harry Kane developed into a player that I never saw him capable of. Hopefully it all just clicks into place for Simms. he has pace and can score, so that is a good platform to build from.

Obviously I want him to be as good as Rooney, or Haaland is, but not every player develops that quickly.
DCL has made incremental improvement every season, and is proving to be a reliable striker. Not explosive, but certainly good enough to play for our 1st team.

Harry Kane developed into a player that I never saw him capable of. Hopefully it all just clicks into place for Simms. he has pace and can score, so that is a good platform to build from.

Kane is always a good arguement to use as anyone who seen him play wouldnt of thought he would develop into the striker he became, but the arguement never seems to work for our players, i always used kane to compare with DCL but no one listened. but yeah simms has got a good standing to grow into a top class slotter ;)

Everton u23s top of the group and already through to the next round play away to watford u23s 7pm ko, Watford need to win to be certain of going to next round otherwise the winner of Plymouth u23s v Fulham u23s Tuesday will go through

EVERTON U23S
Tyrer, John, Joe Anderson, Onyango, Astley, Ouzounidis, Mampala, Denny, Quirk, Hughes, Simms
Subs: Branthwaite, Hansen, Dobbin, Higgins, Jonathan Anderson

WATFORD U23S
Bachmann, Barrett, Spencer-Adams, Perkins, Green, Quina, Dele-Bashiru, Whelan, Crichlow, Cassidy, Peñaranda.
Parkes (GK), Phillips, Hinds, Hungbo, Dalby.