Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
No 10 mate, I’d wager they are after one. 4-2-3-1
That’s where Fernandes lined up on his debut. To be honest I don’t know enough about him to know if that’s going to be his long term role, but seems to be his default for now given his past goal threat.

I’d also wager they want to try to fix their back line again before bringing in a Grealish type. But we’ll see.

We miss him terribly he was very underrated, i often think there is an inherent dislike for anyone who signed by Walsh/Koeman, he was far better then we gave him credit for. Football is often a simple game of balance and he gave us terrific balance.

I could see the logic in truth as i think that will be our model going on - its why i think there is little truth in the Allan stuff. We've been terribly unlucky with injury though and i would be interested to see how a JPG and Gomes midfield develops and contributes, sadly unlikely this year.

I still think we need another, ive banged the drum for Ndidi at Leicester or that ilk, sadly i think that horse has bolted. Think we would be willing to player trade Gylfi and Morgan to put a decent body in there as a governor if required, especially if 442 is going to be the consistent thing.
Personally I don't want to see how their partnership develops .

I want a better midfielder signed in the summer. Or two, given how many of the CMS should be out the door finally. I don't want to see players develop like that's the best we can do, I want 11 on the pitch to have , and to keep, earning their place in the team.

Gbamin and gomes shouldn't be first choice next season if both are fit. The midfield who starts in August needs to be the ones who have worked their backsides off to earn that place and if anyone else comes in afterwards, be it on total merit again.

I want a better midfielder signed in the summer. Or two, given how many of the CMS should be out the door finally. I don't want to see players develop like that's the best we can do, I want 11 on the pitch to have , and to keep, earning their place in the team.

Gbamin and gomes shouldn't be first choice next season if both are fit. The midfield who starts in August needs to be the ones who have worked their backsides off to earn that place and if anyone else comes in afterwards, be it on total merit again.

Such a bizarre stance to take on a midfielder you’ve seen once.

Ive said for a while Gomes is over rated by many on here - yes he's our most talented CM on the ball but unless he has a Gana next to him he's a defensive liability and gives so many daft freekicks away in dangerous areas. Add to that he isnt the most mobile/quickest and if he isnt "on it" can have an absolute stinker - for me shouldnt have him a guaranteed starter next season.

Gbamin I havent a clue as we haven't seen enough of him to make a judgement.

For me I would like Carlo to bring in atleast 1x top drawer CM in the summer with the likes of Davies, Delph and Siggurdsson out the door & Gomes, Gbamin & Schneiderlin left battling it out for that 2nd starting position.

Hopefully the talk of Allan is true as we need some bite in the middle of the park.

Last edited:
That’s where Fernandes lined up on his debut. To be honest I don’t know enough about him to know if that’s going to be his long term role, but seems to be his default for now given his past goal threat.

I’d also wager they want to try to fix their back line again before bringing in a Grealish type. But we’ll see.

I didn’t see the game to be fair, all the games I’ve seen him play have been at central midfield rather then a 10. Unless Urd see him as their 10, I doubt they do though long term I’d say he’s playing there in a make shift formation with Rashford out. My opinion mind.

Ive said for a while Gomes is over rated by many on here - yes he's our most talented CM on the ball but unless he has a Gana next to him he's a defensive liability and gives so many daft freekicks away in dangerous areas. Add to that he isnt the most mobile/quickest and if he isnt "on it" can have an absolute stinker - for me shouldnt have him a guaranteed starter next season.

For me I would like Carlo to bring in atleast 1x top drawer CM in the summer with the likes of Davies, Delph and Siggurdsson out the door & Gomes, Gbamin & Schneiderlin left battling it out for that 2nd starting position.

Hopefully the talk of Allan is true as we need some bite in the middle of the park.

We signed Gbamin to do Gana's job though. So hopefully he can do it. Like you said, none of us have a clue cause he hasn't been fit.

Such a bizarre stance to take on a midfielder you’ve seen once.

What I mean is we need to replace at least two in there already. So why make them the best two if we sign 2 better and we make them the worst? They may be boss together or they may not be, we don't know right now. But why make them the benchmark when they could be so much better competing with better midfielders?

Gbamin is always got a future here , he counts as two players in the long term.

What I mean is we need to replace at least two in there already. So why make them the best two if we sign 2 better and we make them the worst? They may be boss together or they may not be, we don't know right now. But why make them the benchmark when they could be so much better competing with better midfielders?

Gbamin is always got a future here , he counts as two players in the long term.

How do you know someone we bring in will be better than Gbamin?

I didn’t see the game to be fair, all the games I’ve seen him play have been at central midfield rather then a 10. Unless Urd see him as their 10, I doubt they do though long term I’d say he’s playing there in a make shift formation with Rashford out. My opinion mind.
Also have to consider Ole might not stick around if they don’t end up in a champions league place. A lot can happen. I do think Grealish would fit us well and give us options for how we can/should line up.

Also have to consider Ole might not stick around if they don’t end up in a champions league place. A lot can happen. I do think Grealish would fit us well and give us options for how we can/should line up.

Fair point mate.

He’s a good player, I do think he will go for far more then he is worth, because he’s a worth a lot to Villa. Chelsea signed Ziyech during the week for good money, Grealish will go for more. For that reason I don’t think we should go for him, I don’t see it as a value deal. I personally think he is going to struggle elsewhere. So he’s not for us in my opinion.

Am I the only one who didn’t understand a word of that?

How do you know someone we bring in will be better than Gbamin?
Because didn't just sign the second coming of Zidane last summer who has potentially lost a full season of his career for no cost.

He may well be amazing but he needs to bed into the league still and adapt. Hopefully he proves to be a brilliant player long run. Personally hope so given the start he had had.

But right now there are better, I have said before gbamin will be like a new signing essentially , even new manager to play for. So sign a midfielder to take us to the next level to replace schniederlin and if gbamin replaces him he will be in some form!

Status
Not open for further replies.