Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant see us replacing JP. If he has a good summer for England though it may increase his value.
Henderson for me, Foster is a very good keeper but wrong age now. The lad from Newcastle I have only seen twice and both times he conceded two goals to us
Tbf the goals we scored against Newcastle were all from massive chances. None were bad goalkeeping.

1 season.
It is. But football is always about balance. You need great attackers, but having nobody whose roll is to stop goals going in at the other end isn't the way to do it either. Personally if we are going 4-4-2 I think we need a player who will adequately cover Gomes defensive issues or someone who will replace him and play with Gbamin.

It is. But football is always about balance. You need great attackers, but having nobody whose roll is to stop goals going in at the other end isn't the way to do it either. Personally if we are going 4-4-2 I think we need a player who will adequately cover Gomes defensive issues or someone who will replace him and play with Gbamin.

Liverpool dont have a great midfield, just a good defence.

Liverpool dont have a great midfield, just a good defence.
Their midfield is all ball winners though. They aren't out there to do anything else. The fullbacks and Firmino do all the link up and ball progression work while the midfield moves it side to side and harasses the ball as soon as they lose it. They're all workhorses and nothing else, but it's vital to the defending.

We didn't though really did we? We managed to keep hold of him 6 months longer than he probably wanted to be here, doesn't scream 'went out of our way' to flog him to me.

Depends on how you want to frame it, we agreed to sell him, you can say you cant an unhappy player or you can try and not being an easy mark for CL clubs. Out come is still is the same. Its only opinion that matters.

Lets be clear here. Pickford is not better than any keepers in the PL "By a mile" - he is really really poor and backs that up with every indicator we can look at.

He has the 3rd worst save %, the most errors leading to goals, Average distribution and problems with concentration and the mental side of the game. His highlights reel looks great, but only because he is making the average look extraordinary because of bad footwork and positioning. If he wasn't English, we would not be considered a Top keeper and will go the same way as Joe Hart.

Dubravka on the other hand, does all the simple things, saves a lot more shots and doesn't make errors nearly as much.

Draw a line through Pickford and build from a solid number 1
Are you saying this as a statement of fact... or your opinion ?

He would also do significantly less defensive work. As would every midfielder not named Ndidi or Kante.

By profile i meant selling a player in his late 20's and one for the same position, likely for more money which is the disguising factor, i still think Allan would take up an anchor midfield role myself mind, though has a few more attributes then Idrissa.

By profile i meant selling a player in his late 20's and one for the same position, likely for more money which is the disguising factor, i still think Allan would take up an anchor midfield role myself mind, though has a few more attributes then Idrissa.
I'd rather have Gueye. People give him far too little credit for his passing. It was absolutely good enough.

I'd rather have Gueye. People give him far too little credit for his passing. It was absolutely good enough.

We miss him terribly he was very underrated, i often think there is an inherent dislike for anyone who signed by Walsh/Koeman, he was far better then we gave him credit for. Football is often a simple game of balance and he gave us terrific balance.

I could see the logic in truth as i think that will be our model going on - its why i think there is little truth in the Allan stuff. We've been terribly unlucky with injury though and i would be interested to see how a JPG and Gomes midfield develops and contributes, sadly unlikely this year.

I still think we need another, ive banged the drum for Ndidi at Leicester or that ilk, sadly i think that horse has bolted. Think we would be willing to player trade Gylfi and Morgan to put a decent body in there as a governor if required, especially if 442 is going to be the consistent thing.

We miss him terribly he was very underrated, i often think there is an inherent dislike for anyone who signed by Walsh/Koeman, he was far better then we gave him credit for. Football is often a simple game of balance and he gave us terrific balance.

I could see the logic in truth as i think that will be our model going on - its why i think there is little truth in the Allan stuff. We've been terribly unlucky with injury though and i would be interested to see how a JPG and Gomes midfield develops and contributes, sadly unlikely this year.

I still think we need another, ive banged the drum for Ndidi at Leicester or that ilk, sadly i think that horse has bolted. Think we would be willing to player trade Gylfi and Morgan to put a decent body in there as a governor if required, especially if 442 is going to be the consistent thing.
I don't think anybody wanted to sell Gueye, but he clearly wanted to go to PSG and we were able to get a good fee for him.
There is zero chance of Ndidi as he would cost a fortune and I think some CL clubs would be after him if he came available.

This is a major part of the DOF portfolio to find quality players before they cost a fortune and I think Brands seems tp spend a lot of his energy in the South American market as there may be some value there still.

I don't think anybody wanted to sell Gueye, but he clearly wanted to go to PSG and we were able to get a good fee for him.
There is zero chance of Ndidi as he would cost a fortune and I think some CL clubs would be after him if he came available.

This is a major part of the DOF portfolio to find quality players before they cost a fortune and I think Brands seems tp spend a lot of his energy in the South American market as there may be some value there still.

Id accept all that mate, i personally think we have been a bit of an easy touch when it has come to selling our best players, we clapped Lukaku off and couldn't score for three years, the midfield has been rag and bone without Idrissa, though id accept we have been unlucky with injury. I understand the concept of selling unhappy players, but i do think clubs make a better job of making it on their terms then we do. Just my opinion mind, i think its a dangerous mindset.

Agreed on Ndidi

Id accept all that mate, i personally think we have been a bit of an easy touch when it has come to selling our best players, we clapped Lukaku off and couldn't score for three years, the midfield has rag and bone without Idrissa, though id accept we have been unlucky with injury. I understand the concept of selling unhappy players, but i do think clubs make a better job of making it on their terms then we do. Just my opinion mind, i think its a dangerous mindset.

Agreed on Ndidi

We dont sell cheap.

We got a world record fee for Stones
British record for Lukaku
Even Fellaini we got 27m for

To suggest we sell cheap is a downright lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.